Opps, New wheel Question.

S

scarface

Im not convinced HID will fix your problem. you through HID bulbs in there, and you wont get much better lighting..need need a projector housing to focus the beam from the HIDs. Not to mention you wont have high/low beams anymore.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Im not convinced HID will fix your problem. you through HID bulbs in there, and you wont get much better lighting..need need a projector housing to focus the beam from the HIDs. Not to mention you wont have high/low beams anymore.

I was thinking about taking out the smoked stuff all together. Buy a new set of headlights (clear) than getting a hid kit. I was using this thread as a reference point: http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=8024.0

edit: Awhile i go i seen someone do the whole sabang by cutting out a portion of the headlight casing to fit the projector in. Thats the route i want to go if possible. My buddy put hids in his termy and thing lit in the street so nice :behind:

S

scarface

Twista said:
scarface said:

I was thinking about taking out the smoked stuff all together. Buy a new set of headlights (clear) than getting a hid kit. I was using this thread as a reference point: http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=8024.0

edit: Awhile i go i seen someone do the whole sabang by cutting out a portion of the headlight casing to fit the projector in. Thats the route i want to go if possible. My buddy put hids in his termy and thing lit in the street so nice :behind:
new headlights would work, but remember Paul has projectors in his car. THe light is focused, and not scattered. You want the best results from HIDs you need a projector housing.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Twista said:
scarface said:

new headlights would work, but remember Paul has projectors in his car. THe light is focused, and not scattered. You want the best results from HIDs you need a projector housing.

O0 Did he make his own projector housing or can i find one pretty easy? Ebay doesnt seem to list any for the sn95, unless im searching incorrectly.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
putting smaller tires on th front isnt gonna make them stick out less, and it wont make them look like they dont stick out less either...you will wanna get the 275s, i have 265s and they are still too small...you will be glad you do when you get too close to a curb and instead of your rims being fubared, you just get a scraped up tire....

and why do you have chrome rims in the snow...thats NOOO good.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
putting smaller tires on th front isnt gonna make them stick out less, and it wont make them look like they dont stick out less either...you will wanna get the 275s, i have 265s and they are still too small...you will be glad you do when you get too close to a curb and instead of your rims being fubared, you just get a scraped up tire....

and why do you have chrome rims in the snow...thats NOOO good.

because my stock rim gave out. A pot hole fillany opened up the lip even more and 35 psi of air seeks to quick. I tried to drive on it long as i could, but it got the point where i would fill the tire up to 35 PSI and come out from work and have a flat tire. I found a nice deal on theses rims so i got them and installed them. I just put some chrome protector on there today that aids against the salt. Its suppose to rain this week so the salt should be washed away.

Anyways let me go buff my car lol.

Hybridbird

Reaction score
Yeah,narrower tires aren't gonna help you with your "stick out" problem.275/40/17 is a perfect fit on a 9" wheel.Your front wheels stick out because of your wheel offset,not your tire size.Nice look though ,you just gotta get rid of the same problem I do....get it off of those stilts! :hammer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online