Cobra Blue 39lb injectors
94 3.8 v6 stock headers
94 3.8 v6 25% underdrive pulleys
Double roller timing chain

YbW2Fzel.jpg

Video:

[video=youtube;4y109k-c-x8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y109k-c-x8[/video]

Shop:
I took my car to Tecmotion owned by Matt in Calgary Alberta.

First, off Matt uses a Mustang Dynamometer (Powerdyne) which seems to be very difficult to produce high number on paper. He figures the number that come out on this dyno are about 14% less than a DynoJet.

If you are wondering about the project car in the video, its a 33? Coupe kit car that is going to be Coyote powered. Can't wait to see the car done!
He also has a Mystic Chrome Terminator with kennebell blower and a extremely mean N/A fox body that runs 9.44? and 0-60 in 1.9?

Problems:

Found a few problems with the car that caused a fuel trim.
1. The Cat(s) are plugged.
2. Oxygen sensors need replacement

Results:
XDBiFTpl.jpg

n70P3B2l.jpg

On Mustang Dynamometer
247.8 RWHP
264.4 RWT
As a comparison a stock 3v V8 Mustang does about 225 RWHP on this dyno!

On Dyno-Jet (Estimated by Matt, 14% more)
288.1 RWHP
307.4 RWT

At Flywheel (Estimated by Matt)

330.4 HP
352.5 T

So I'm pretty happy with those numbers! Once I gut the cats (possibly put in resonators depending on sound) and new oxygen sensors I should be able to get pretty close to my 300 rwhp on a normal Dyno.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice man. , car sounds great under load . That thing would be a Wack load of fun on the street

boston2k4

Reaction score
that is sweet man! looks super clean under the hood

love this build for sure.
you could always gut what you have now and check the tune again then buy resonators down the road if its to loud, but can you ever be too loud?

the mustang dynos are far more accurate as they load the car down as if its actually driving down the street, what ive been told by my tuner at least.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nicely done!!! water meth is next :)

although while you're working on teh exhaust, I'd just do some mac LTs, and re-work the exhaust.. . ... :)

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that is sweet man! looks super clean under the hood

love this build for sure.
you could always gut what you have now and check the tune again then buy resonators down the road if its to loud, but can you ever be too loud?

the mustang dynos are far more accurate as they load the car down as if its actually driving down the street, what ive been told by my tuner at least.
Thanks! I'm going to gut the cats and see how it sounds. And yes it can be too loud. It tricky to get a v6 to sound nice... its either nothing or sounds absolutely like shit!
I'm planning on doing the exhaust and then putting the car back on the dyno to see what it'll do. But it should run proper once I fix everything because the computer should adjust the fuel trim on its own.
Yeah the mustang dynos are better to tune for real life condition is what I've been told too.

nicely done!!! water meth is next :)

although while you're working on teh exhaust, I'd just do some mac LTs, and re-work the exhaust.. . ... :)
Water meth is on! It helps soooo much! The car is still running a bit too hot on the high end, he couldnt get the car all the way up before it retarded. I'm thinking once I clear the cats that will help it.

This is an interesting but neat build
Thank you!
That thing sounded mean as **** up there!
Thanks! I think I'll be borrowing my friends go pro to do a pull so you guys can hear it better!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
awwww yea!!! clean install, man!
Thanks! There's only been one person to even notice it on my car :p

Well there actually only been on person at a car show to correctly identify my whole setup. over 75% of people think its a v8...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online