Out of storage...

MANTISCZ98GT

Reaction score
photo.php

Got the GT out this month! Had just taken it to Lidio at Alternative Auto Performance for a dyno tune. Nothing too fancy yet. Stock 4.6L Romeo block, never even had a cam cover off, 184K miles...Waiting in a box: SVO roots intake, circa late 90's to be added soon (hopefully!)...Still tracking down parts! Have read a ton of good stuff from guys here on the install: hats off to you all for the informative posts! :icon_salut:
Current parts bin:
98 GT "The List"
- MGW Shifter
- OE Ford clutch cable
- MM Aluminum quadrant
- UPR Firewall adjuster
- McLeod Street Pro clutch
- FMS Pilot bearing/TOB
- Ported/polished TB
- TFS intake elbow
- CAI/filter
- BBK 2.5 Catted X-pipe
- MIL Eliminators
- Flowmaster American Thunder
- Sequential tails
- APC Whiteface gauges
- KYB Shocks/struts
- 1.5 Inch lowering springs
- FMS Cobra R 17 x 9
- Riken Raptor 275/40/17
- Max Motorsports CC plates
- MSD Coil packs
- New 8mm wires
- NGK plugs
- AAP Tune

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The pic didnt work for me. Not sure why. Could just be me, its like that. Looks like youre stacking up for a good build. Im tuned in, so keep this thread updated! Gonna be slick!!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the community. I cant see the pictures either. Ill put the link for how to post pics at the bottom of this. It looks like youve got a nice list of things going on there. Make sure to keep us updated and post a lot of pictures. Youll have to use a photo hosting site like photobucket to post them here.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?58966-How-To-Uploading-and-Posting-Pics

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
So how long have you been collecting parts for this build? It sounds about like my situation. Hold parts untill I have every part collected, then ill build

OP
OP
MANTISCZ98GT

MANTISCZ98GT

Reaction score
Yep. Oh, it's been an idea for many years...Had about three months off work and WAY too much time to think about it! Just started searching, and happened to find a NOS Ford Racing M-6066-M462 roots blower for sale...The rest is history. Been accumulating parts since January...It's a long road. Lots of these parts are obsolete when I call the Ford dealerships. Some are being CNC machined, e.g. the alternator bracket. LOTS of reading/scanning forums for guys who have done it before me, T-Birds and Stangs. My hat's off to them. They've really done all the hard work, and have been gracious enough to post with pictures! So, I just kinda follow in their footsteps (or hoofprints? LOL) Shooting for a conservative tune and 300rwhp...

OP
OP
MANTISCZ98GT

MANTISCZ98GT

Reaction score
Finally!!?? PICS!!

One of the very first pics of the 98GT [completely stock] ever taken: went to an Ohio car show w/ my GF's Dad (who has a pristine 67 hardtop):

Reeeally niiice BOSS 302 from this Utica show (over 300 cars!):

...You have got a Shelby in your rearview and 5-0 on your left: what do you do?? Hitting the track at M.I.S. 50TH Anniversary Mustang Show in Michigan:

Sunset at the church down the road:

OP
OP
MANTISCZ98GT

MANTISCZ98GT

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome to the community. I cant see the pictures either. Ill put the link for how to post pics at the bottom of this. It looks like youve got a nice list of things going on there. Make sure to keep us updated and post a lot of pictures. Youll have to use a photo hosting site like photobucket to post them here.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?58966-How-To-Uploading-and-Posting-Pics

Thanks, lwarrior1016! Finally got the pic link figured out, had to create photobucket per your instructions. All set! Hoping to document the transformation from stock block 184K to SVO roots-blown sleeper...More to follow!

After current mods (CAI/exhaust/dyno tune):

Back from GearJammers [amazing precision work--thanks, Barry!] after new McLeod clutch/rear main seal/BBK X+Flowmaster American Thunder/Maximum Motorsports CC plates:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online