overheating...?

ripper

Reaction score
Ryclef has a post somewere as a "how to" on refilling your cooling system. There is a method to doing this rather than just pour it in. Trapped air will make it run hot. Search for the post it wasnt too long ago. Like last month. A guy had the same problem and it was trapped air.

voidfinger

Reaction score
when i changed to a pi intake i got trapped air in the cooling system and it ran hot as piss. So that is a definite possobility, it got so hot it shot the plastic cap off the over flow tank. Thought i grenaded a intake while driving down the interstate........damn coolant went all over the windshield, what a mess. :blah2:

Good luck

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
well i'm just gonna bring it in to my old mechanic early next week. get him to look at it n figure out if theres a block in the system or what it is.. i cant seem to get anymore air out of it and it still gets hot. :-\

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
well its fixed.. and it wasnt even technical. just hard to see.
i had loads of poplar fluff jammed all throughout my rad that i couldnt see.
got the rad pulled out and water blown through it back and forth to blow it all out.
now it sits in the middle of "normal" and will not get any hotter! :banana: haha

OP
OP
M

mike97gt

Reaction score
they like float through the air and u hit them as you drive.... they look like cotton.
google it maybe..? haha i dunno how else to explain wut it is.

voidfinger

Reaction score
so they weren't in the actual fluid path. Thats what i thought you ment. I understand hitting them and them sticking :) sorry for the confussion.

Mitchell

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online