Overkill for stock npi shortblock?

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
You could try and find a used set of ported PI's for sale. I have seen heads like mine (Fox Lake St 2's) go for @ $1200 used and they flow pretty good, not to mention Fox Lake is one of the more reputable companies in the modular biz. I paid over $2000 for mine so if you can score a set for half that and have no compatibility issues with the KB it is worth a look.

I was thinking about it a lot this weekend. If I am able to score ported PI's for a decent price then I am definitely going KB! No compatibility issues is a plus.

I know for a fact that a guy tuned at Blankenship with stock unported pi heads was pulling off 330rwhp n/a.

What cams and intake he was using?

NERD

Reaction score
fuel & the tuner will be your best friends. Always have more fuel than you need and have a tuner that knows what the hell he's doing.

Have extra Plugs on hand and have the tuner tune it on the street before you spend the money on dyno time. Then have him get the numbers you guys think is safe.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im thinking its more of like 13;1 , 14;1 static compression, but yea your right....a good tuner for sure

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
A good tuner with safe numbers definitely helps longevity of the engine! I agree with you guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online