Ownership Shift

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I'm tired of all this bouncing around servers crap. These are the problems that make people stay away from a forum!!!!!!!!

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I have been on this forum and not once had an issue. Let me know what problems you are having?

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Has anyone been having issues the last day or 2? I do see that mobile connection is slow for some reason and getting that worked on, but other then that, viewing the site on a desktop has been nice a fast for me. Anyone having issues on a desktop while viewing this forum?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] what day were you have horrible issues on your comp?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I can't even open the forum on my desktop. It just sits there and loads and loads and loads.
But on safari on my iPhone and on crapatalk it's fine..
Could be a combination of a shitty server and AT&T slowing down my internet because they're assholes...
Paying for a 15mbps connection and I test a 5..... Not cool.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even open the forum on my desktop. It just sits there and loads and loads and loads.
It's not just you. I've been experiencing the same for the last week new. I can't do anything on the site anymore. It doesn't load. It times out. Pages only render halfway. And I am constantly seeing this:

sn95newserverfail.png

This all started after the last abrupt "server migration" that occurred about a week ago. It's gotten to the point where I just don't get on anymore because I can't do anything, even if I wanted to.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The last couple days have been okay for me. Chrome on my nexus 4 and nexus 7 was working fine. Firefox on my asus laptop is currently working fine.
Previously is was brutal though... Did help me focus on exams, thanks :D

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not having any of those issues at all I am not using Chrome though.

The browser being used makes no difference. On Internet Explorer:

sn95failwebserver2.png

The bottom line: Something is wrong with this new server that's causing some ISP or IP ranges to have their traffic rejected or slowed down... for some reason.

On my mediacom cable connection: Fine
On my VZW (whether mobile or tethered): Crap

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The browser being used makes no difference. On Internet Explorer:

sn95failwebserver2.png

Holy crap, just tried IE. Slow as hell. But thats probably just because its IE lol
My PC laptop seems to be loading everything fine today on firefox.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only way for me to access the site when I'm at the warehouse, at work, or on the go is to use TeamViewer and connect through my computer at home.

And quite frankly....

:nobodygottime:

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
The only way for me to access the site when I'm at the warehouse, at work, or on the go is to use TeamViewer and connect through my computer at home.

And quite frankly....

:nobodygottime:

That's got to be awfully laggy LOL

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a bit better. I can at least read stuff and post about 50% of the time. I've gotten in the habit now of copying everything I say before I hit the post button just in case in times out and I have to post it again. For some reason this new server just doesn't like when I connect through verizon, at all... whether tethered or mobile. At home on Mediacom, it's fine.

heffe2001

Reaction score
On my Charter connection at work, no issues at all (IE, Chrome or Firefox, all work, Chrome's fastest, the other just slightly slower than instant). Haven't tested my verizon tether, but on the Chrome browser on my S3 phone, seems to work fine. Logged into the system at lunch to check PM's and had no issues (Verizon 4g in NC). No issues on my AT&T Uverse connection at home either. Didn't even realize there had been a server migration until I read it here (and I'm on here all the time at work, and at home, lol).

When did the move happen? Could be something iffy with the routing, or bad cached DNS entries on your ISP's.

Also, if we wanted to support the site, do we still use the link at the top? It still goes to Matt, so I wasn't sure..

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I have a Verizon S3 and haven't had any lagging at all since the latest fix. Does it just still time out for you DP?

Also, since the move to the new server, this site is uploading on my desktop even faster then before. It lagged on the older server on my computer then this one is. Its nice to open up the site now and it loads fast.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

This mostly goes out to the OG members. I wanted to thank all of you for being a part of this forum for so long, this place was my home away from home for the first 5 years it was up. I met some great people and had some very good times here. Its nice to see some of you still pop on here to say hi from time to time. As well I want to thank all the mods over the years, and those who have been supportive since day one (you know who you are). Without either these mods or the members this place would not be what it is today.

About why I sold the place. I did feel like it was time to move on as the owner, as I did not want people to think I 'didnt care' any more which I truly did but time was just not there for me to keep supporting the site the way it needed it. As well as much as I always love mustangs I've moved on for this point in my life. Im trying to bring my business to the next level and its very time consuming and over whelming.

For the newbies you wont know who I am but I hope you enjoy this place as much as I did back in the day.

Ill be lurking and posting from time to time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online