p-1sc vs d-1sc

tooslow

Reaction score
i know that the d-1sc and p-1sc both share the same housing, with the d-1sc having a more aggressive compressor wheel. i've heard the d-1sc's provide more boost in the lower ranges than the p-1sc when both are pullied for the same peak psi.

for around 8-10psi, will the d-1sc be worth getting over a p-1sc? the car is a 98 4.6l. no mods yet, but if i go s/c it wont be on the 100% stock engine. intake/exhausts/bolt-ons will be done before the s/c.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The D1 is better, better/larger shaft & bearing. the P1's have been known to leak.

the D1 gives you boost sooner, and a better boost curve from the better impeller.
I'd pick that of the 2.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
what kind of leak? from the self contained oil, or an air leak?

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
theres no such thing as overkill

damnit, that may be overkill.

theres no such th...

94yellowgt

Reaction score
D1SC! It gives you room to grow in the future. Also, a D1SC you can run a larger pulley and get the same boost as you would from a P1SC with a smaller pulley because of the impeller design. Belt slip probaly will not be a big of an issue with the D1SC

Low 11s

Reaction score
Definitely the D-1SC. Eventually yuou'll go for more power and start forging parts so go with the D-1SC.

Whistler98

Reaction score
I love my p1sc but if I had to do it over again I would have started with the d1. Both are good blowers but the d1 gives you enough room to grow.

Z06KILLER

Reaction score
Had a P1, Now have a D1 Love it Dont get the P1 you will regret it.

96PonyGT

Reaction score
im also thinking about gettin either one of these, glad to see some nice input, what is the biggest pulley or lowest boost a d1sc can go?

cmher18

Reaction score
My P1SC let go :nonono: trying to put 16lbs of boost. Well i have upgraded to the D1sc... The F-1 ans what i really wanted but to much

ripper

Reaction score
Everything Dalamar said and it takes less work to make boost thus cooler air tempts. My p-1 has never leaked. Im making 425rwhp on a stock pullied p-1. Because I have a built motor I will be changing my head unit to a d-1.

Spd0lit

Reaction score
Well i also thought that the p-1 is smog legal and the d-1 is not. If that is true i would get the p-1 so i have the carb sticker then send it in to get upgraded and have a d-1 with a carb sticker. Damn Cali emissions.

ripper

Reaction score
Carb sticker? WTF? Who the hell runs that state Stalin?

Marc@UPR

Reaction score
I disagree with every bad comment mabe about the P-1. I have had my P1SC head unit for almost 3 years now. It was on my Marauder for over a year until I rolled it. Survived over 5 rolls. Now it is on my Mustang with a 3.3" 8 rib pulley making 13psi. No leake, noises, nothing. I am DETUNED (to save my stock block) and am pushing 400rwhp and 415rwtq. IMO it is a great blower. I have seen more problems with Vortech than anybody else.

Now that being said, the D1 blower is superior to the P1. But unless you plan on building your block, don't waste your $$$ on an upgrade you don't really need.

BTW, I am a Procharger distributor. I get the LOWEST prices on them. Period. I can also do P1sc to D1sc trades, pulleys, ect.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Marc - that's good that you have had reliable performance from your P1, however that doesn't cover-up the numerous issues they have had with the P1 leaking and the issues with bad seals. They also were slow to fix the problems based on the feedback I read about it. this is good infomation when looking at buying a product from a company, and if they will back up their products.
if they've fixed that issue with the seals, that's great. any blower is a great improvement.
as was mentioned, the D1 is superior to the P1. IMO there's more to it that just peak boost/HP.

your feedback is also valuable to those in the market - not that your bias or anything ;)
That's cool that you can offer competative prices to members here. I'm sure you'll get a bunch of requests.

What's the deal with 5 roll overs?
you mean your car rolled over 5x??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online