P.I. Cylinder heads questions

Reaction score
Right now I am collecting parts and gonna pull the trigger on some cams soon.I have some used heads from a 02 gt I'm dropping off to get rebuilt.I plan to rebuild the bottom end as well with a o.e. rebuild kit.Anyways my questions are-would you recommend the comp cams xe268?And will the stock valves need to be upgraded to work with these cams?Anything the head machinist should know?
My goals for the car is 300 hp,will be used for autocross and weekend cruising.Thanks in advance.:headbang:

OP
OP
tchmotorsports
Reaction score
Cool so the 268 is out of the question.Should I go 262 or 270 ?1997 gt with 3.73 rear.Just looking for a good rec for a cam.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Source a mark viii short block and get it decked .025" also valve relief the pistons.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Cushman stage 2 NA cams. If the motor is already apart, get a set of $550 forged Manley pistons and a set of Boss rods from Tousley for $160. With the OEM cast crank this setup is good for 800hp as long as you don't spin it past 7k. Or find an OEM Cobra cam that is forged and you'll be good for 8k RPM as well.

And honestly if your goal was 300hp I would have just found another low mileage PI motor, done the Cushmans with upgraded springs and dropped it in as is. Might not make quite 300 to the wheels but that's really just a number. 2V cammed cars will run low 12s with a real good driver. Save the $$$ for a Coyote swap. Way more cost effective than building the modular. Run numbers before you laugh. Coyote pullouts are $3k and ones needing a rebuild are $1k. Just the heads alone are worth that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online