P.I. heads

grimreaper_72

Reaction score
Got a chance for a set of 05 crown vic P71 heads for $200 bucks these should work on my 96 gt fine correct?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
so adding to the pi head conversation i have a npi motor build underway and am putting pi heads why can i not find info about valve distance or how much the pistons need to be dished

Reaction score
This is with an aftermarket cam set if you thought i was referring to stock. So basically the question is what is the best aftermarket cam for a npi motor with pi heads and npi pistons

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor, just go ahead and intake valve relief the pistons. Then you wont have to worry with clearance with any cam. Most cams can get away with about a .060" relief.

You could deck your npi heads at just about any amount and still run a nasty cam without reliefs. Remember, its the compression bump, cam, and intake swap that makes the pi swap desirable.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Modular Head Shop has some information on there cams in regards to how much lift/duration is on certain cams and which set ups may require piston notching and may have piston clearing issues.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sweet thanks guys im taking on a project motor and am thinking TEA-PI2VF heads, Comp Xe274H cams, Accufab 75mm elbow and throttle body, Hooker Super Comp Headers and have yet to uncover what i need as far as management and ecu needs. But hopefully the crank, pistons and the block are in decent shape and i wont have to buy to many expensive parts (college budget)......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online