P.I. Intake Swap; Done, But Problems

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Alright, I need some help here guys and girls. I just installed the P.I. intake, started it up, let it idle for 10 minutes with a/c on and off, etc. Drove it around, was fine for awhile until it threw some codes, P0155 and P0303. First one is an upstream 02 sensor, second one is a cylinder 3 misfire. I fixed the second one by replacing the plug and the spark plug boot, reset the computer by disconnecting the battery again, so all I have now is the P0155, which I don't think is really that important considering I have an o/r h. The problem now is this: at first, the car starts up fine and drives normal, but only after it heats up/has been driven for awhile, it starts to studder and what sounds like misfire under load. It does not seem normal. Here is my question:

Is the studdering/misfire under load normal in the beginning for a pi intake swapped car, and does the computer need a long time to re-learn itself?

Any and all feedback of people who just did the intake swap, nothing else, would be really appreciated. I would hate to have to tinker with this thing any more.

Whistler98

Reaction score
You've got coolant in the plugs (holes). I would be willing to bet on this. Happened to me. Pull the plug wires, leave the plugs in and blow compressed air down in there, check them with a flash light first you should be able to see the coolant. This happened to me and when the car would reach operating temp it would studder. I blew the coolant out it had a nice green mist lol. It ran great after that. O0

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Well, when I replaced that one plug there was no coolant anywhere, so I'm not sure about that being my problem , but I'll give it a whirl. Thanks for the tip :) Also, how did coolant get anywhere near your plug holes?

Whistler98

Reaction score
When I took the intake off it went everywhere. Thought I got it all but there was one plug hole left and that was my prob. I couldn't even see the coolant it was a small amount.

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Well I let it drain overnight, so I didn't have any coolant at all come out when I took the intake off, but I'll still check it just in case! Also, how long did it take for your computer to re-adjust? Did it drive like crap for awhile?

Whistler98

Reaction score
Yeah mine ran like crap until I realized I didn't plug the MAF back in. Pluged it in and ran great after that. I never noticed the computer readjusting to anything.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Well I had my car mis and run like crap and it was a mis fire! I got some of the crap i scraped off of the head down into the spark plug hole ( didnt put rags in them like I did the intake ports) anyway I pulled my clyinder 7 boot and low and behold there was a bunch of crap on my plug where it connects to my boot and I clean that off and its run great ever since!!

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Finally got it working! My dad and I took off the plenum, and the bolt that I broke off had a little bit sticking out of the intake. Luckily, it was enough to grab with plyers and pull out, and it wasn't cross threaded at all, so we were able to just get another bolt and fix that. Also, the new gasket I had between the plenum and the intake manifold had a shred in it, (probably from me over tightening it) so we fixed that also. We took off the fuel rail, cleaned all of the injectors and electrical connectors, and while we were at it replaced all of the spark plugs. Also, one vacuum line was old and ripping at the end, so for now we just cut the end off and put it back on, but I'm going to replace it. Runs like a champ now! Thanks for your help everybody.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online