P0133 & P0153 codes

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hope I've posted this in the correct place.
When I brought my 2001 ford mustang GT back in June this year the front O2 sensors where dead and was causing quick a few codes to pop up. So I replaced and all has been good since June, but yesterday i got two codes at the same time pop up P0133 & p0153 what are the chances of both front O2 sensors slow to respond at the same time?
Any ideas on how bith the sensors can cause this fault at the exact same time?
Many thanks
Adam

07GtS197

Reaction score
Do you have long tubes? If you do and do not have a tune to compensate for the longer warm up time then the ecu will throw those codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yep I have long tube headers.
The new O2 sensors I fitted back in June have never played up until the other day and this morning when both front O2 sensors throw a code. They were both fine this afternoon when I drove the car. I have a diablosport tune on the mustang I will contact them and see if they can help me.
What exactly do I need to ask them?

07GtS197

Reaction score
They need to compensate for the headers because they place the o2 sensors further away from the motor. They just need to adjust for that.

Why were the o2 sensors replaced and what brand did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I replaced the old O2 sensors because one was stuck lean and the other was fluctuating very slowly. I'm sure it was a pair of bosch sensors I fitted.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Yep I have long tube headers.
The new O2 sensors I fitted back in June have never played up until the other day and this morning when both front O2 sensors throw a code. They were both fine this afternoon when I drove the car. I have a diablosport tune on the mustang I will contact them and see if they can help me.
What exactly do I need to ask them?
That's how the code works. When it's cold the code will pop. Later on when everything is warmed up it doesn't take as long for the sensors to reach operating temp so no code.

You need to reach out to your tuner and tell them you have long tubes. They should know what to change.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Well I've spoken to diablosport about recalibrating the O2 sensors and unfortunately they said that this is something that they can not do

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Well I've spoken to diablosport about recalibrating the O2 sensors and unfortunately they said that this is something that they can not do
The sensors aren't calibrated. The heater duty cycle is increased and the transport delay time is lengthened. It has to be done in the tune. So you'll probably have to continue someone who tunes these cars. Or learn to tune yourself.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Diabolospot will not adjust the O2 sensor warm up time and so far I've found no one within reasonable distance from me who will do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online