P1443.. What does it mean?

4.6vertgt

Reaction score
Since I purchased my GT, the check engine light has been coming on and off. It usually only stays on for a few minutes every 2 weeks. I went to AutoZone while the CEL was on, and they gave me this code.. P1443. It says on the reciept they gave me, "Evaporative emission control system control valve." First of all, is this that bad? Second, where is this so called valve? If it has something to do with the midpipe, I'm just gonna fix it by an o/r pipe with some MIL eliminators. So, help me please!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
on moddedmustang forums some guy had the same problem.... only 1 guy replied and said this

It's an evaporative emissions dtc. To cure it, replace the canister purge valve and the flow sensor next to it. It should be located near the rear of the engine compartment on the pass side ona Mustang.

the people that give you the diagnostics test it tells them the code and what the code means and then they can tell you what to fix.

go to advanced auto, i dont like autozone, well not the one here.

they people at advanced tell you exactly what to buy and how to fix it...
hope this helps

OP
OP

4.6vertgt

Reaction score
unfortunatly, theres not an advanced auto to close to me, and i know that he cleared the code. So even if there was an advanced auto around, i dont know if he could find it... thanks though

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
you can erase the codes all you want but if you dont fix it it will show back up. i had mine erased and the next day they were back, because i havent fully fixed all the problems. erasing the code doesnt erase the problem. go back to autozone... gay... and then ask them to run the test again and ask them to show you what you need the fix it. they will bring it up on the computer.

OP
OP

4.6vertgt

Reaction score
when they printed out the problem form thing, he said that its something that they couldnt deal with, then proceeded to tell me that i needed to visit the dealership. i dont know whether to call a b.s. or not. but yeah... i still wanna know what this code really means...

97blackgt

Reaction score
it doesnt seem to be anything major...EVAP problems only effect you when you need to get an inspection usually

it could be a crazked hose, faulty soleniods or vents/valves in the evap system

bring it some place and they can hook it up to a smoke machine and find the leak pretty easily

firstonraceday

Reaction score
my95gtstang said:
on moddedmustang forums some guy had the same problem.... only 1 guy replied and said this

It's an evaporative emissions dtc. To cure it, replace the canister purge valve and the flow sensor next to it. It should be located near the rear of the engine compartment on the pass side ona Mustang.

the people that give you the diagnostics test it tells them the code and what the code means and then they can tell you what to fix.

hope this helps

Amen for advance. :) Thats where I work :drunk:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
my95gtstang said:

hope this helps

Amen for advance. :) Thats where I work :drunk:

nice, you should get me a hookup!! im always up there lol but you dont live in VA

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i think i have an extra one of those...if it is the thing that hooks up to your EGR and has 2 tubes goin down and one wiring harness going into it, then i will sell you the extra one i have.

blackfang

Reaction score
Do not call the dealership unless you are making an appt. to check it out. We service writers and tech's don't like to give free advice over the phone without looking at a car.

However, the charcoal canister and the canister control valve also known as a purge valve is in the oassenger side front fender.

gt96stang

Reaction score
hmmm. I had that code pop up for me too..
What I spend to fix it was the charcoal canister and purge valve.. plus another canister solenoid.. I think I spent about $150 for everything.. Very simple to fix..

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
gt96stang said:
hmmm. I had that code pop up for me too..
What I spend to fix it was the charcoal canister and purge valve.. plus another canister solenoid.. I think I spent about $150 for everything.. Very simple to fix..

wow, hrm i didnt think it was that much stuff... i am going to check mine when i get home.... to make sure mine werent the same... my o2s are screwed so i know those might be throwing off wrong signals and stuff....

gt96stang

Reaction score
eh, I probably could of gotten away with not replacing the charcoal canister... But it just gave me piece of mind to fix it all..

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
riight well i have heard that o2 sensors being bad can also make other things THINK they are bad and read wrong as if they were bad so....
understand what i said?? lol hope so

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online