Paint Color Question

5OMustang

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I picked up this 94 GT and I’m trying to find some touch up paint to redo the faded tail lights. I researched and found out in 94 the only green was deep forest green. So I ordered a can and it doesn’t match my car at all. It’s way greener and darker, it that makes sense. Does this look like deep forest green? If so does anyone know what touch up paint to buy? Thanks

Attachments

• 0B4885A8-7697-435E-B344-00F87C035EA6.jpeg
    0B4885A8-7697-435E-B344-00F87C035EA6.jpeg
    259.5 KB · Views: 26

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
dfg's paint code was NA. I don't mean not available but that is the code you would take to the painter to have him look up and mix. It has both blue, green and even some yellow pearl in it and pearls can fade over time which might be why your car looks brighter but it is also VERY important to make sure its mixed/shaken completely because of this. Did yo do a spray out or are you just comparing the paint in the can to the car?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I picked up this 94 GT and I’m trying to find some touch up paint to redo the faded tail lights. I researched and found out in 94 the only green was deep forest green. So I ordered a can and it doesn’t match my car at all. It’s way greener and darker, it that makes sense. Does this look like deep forest green? If so does anyone know what touch up paint to buy? Thanks

First off, welcome to the insanity!!!!

Second, that’s a great looking 94!!

But my question is has that been repainted?? It may not be the original color. I see it’s not factory badged and as clean as the paint looks id wonder if it’s original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werecow

Reaction score
Agree with @evilcw311 , I'd see if you could find some paint chips in a book or online (tho online may be off according to your screen or phone) that looks a lil darker to my eye than the other DFG paint jobs I've seen. Could be my fone tho, but it is a really great looking ride!! Looks sweet!! And yes welcome to our crazy lil bunch!! We want more pics of that pony!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG will flash to black with even a slight shadow or in light at dusk. I waxed mine up one time and met up with my mustang club at the time and when I pulled up a couple of the guys asked when/where I got it painted black because they were all on the shaded side. Walk over to the sunny side though and its green/blue.
n4twTwb.jpg

I honestly think the newly mixed DFG I got was slight lighter than the old factory color but you can see on the bottom of the car how it goes to black

OP
OP

5OMustang

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the reply’s and positive comments. I did buy the NA green paint and I painted it on a piece of plastic to compare to the car color. I think you all are right and it was repainted and colors mixed differently. I’ll try to find a custom match then. Thanks again! Hey ttocs, beautiful stang! How much did you lower it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the primer color and type under it makes a big difference as well. Not sure what kind of plastic you put it on but if it can let any light through it then it will lighten the color up significantly. I have some painted acrylic pieces in my car that I have to paint the back of the paint black or it looks too light.
jhUgoCM.jpg

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
Take your gas cap door off and bring it to paint store, they have a digital camera that they will use to match your paint. Then have them mix up some, they can even put it in a spray can.

SN95.oh

Reaction score
I also have a 1994 GT 5.0 but a convertible in that same "green" i was always told its tourmaline green, looks blue, green, black and even purple in the right sun

Pallgor

Reaction score
Do you look at the paint code. It’s on the tag inside the door. Should be a 2 character code. Exp. UA for black AQ for antique bronze..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the code for DFG is NA and I am pretty sure it is the same as the Dark tourmaline color. I do not mean Not Available I mean that is the code ford uses. I have a can with the actual formula printed out on it in my garage and it has about 4-5 different colors of pearl in there.

SN95.oh

Reaction score
the code for DFG is NA and I am pretty sure it is the same as the Dark tourmaline color. I do not mean Not Available I mean that is the code ford uses. I have a can with the actual formula printed out on it in my garage and it has about 4-5 different colors of pearl in there.
Ya it has to be the same code.. I see the previous owner used touch up paint and if you look closely, it dosent match

Pallgor

Reaction score
It’s hard to find exact matching T/U paint. Even if it’s the same paint out of the can the modeling of the metallic is a problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online