Paint Help!!

Addicted

Reaction score
If you get above a 94-98 GT, and look down on it, it has the actual body shape of a horse. I think it's neat.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Supposedly the 94-98 mustang and probe was crafted after each other. Theres some information about this online, it very interesting read if you like the from scratch beginnings, but maybe I'm a nerd:D
The probe was slated to replace the mustang. The sn95 saved it.......

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
The 1st gen was supposed to replace the mustang all together. If you remember how pissed off everyone was about ford calling an EV crossover a mustang, imagine if it had replaced it! A front wheel drive 4 cylinder import. The 94 mustang is the result of the public’s reaction to the probe. It still looks a bit like an import, but that was the idea. They wanted to attract both die hard fans, and people that might have considered an import instead. The 2nd gen probe does look a bit like an evolution of that. ...if the SN95 concept had mated with a celiac of that time period.

I remember getting my first digital camera in the Xmas of 02. Used the daylight out of it in 2003. In the mid 00s, when they became easier to lug around in a purse, they started putting cameras in phones. I thought that was stupid. Why would anyone need that? Maybe if you were in a car wreck or something and needed to take on the scene pictures I guess. The quality was poor, so lugging a separate camera was still the better option. Separate flashlight too. I like watching all the people taking video in their flip phones in Tokyo Drift. They focuses on on that as if that was such a big deal to do. ...I mean, it’s night time. How good of a video was it really? I think I got a SLVR back in 06, because I could listen to my mp3s without having to lug around an iPod. I believe that may have been my first camera phone. If not, then a Nokia. The year before.

if only you could time travel back to a time when you could find these cars in the wild, or even at any random car show. They are gorgeous on the street!

Here’s where it gets expensive: You pretty much need more paint than you think. We ended up using 2 quarts for my Triumph (and it really needed a full gallon. You want enough to not have any dry spots. You also want a very thick clear. You’re worried about muted/dull areas. It will look like satin/flat if you don’t have enough and then wet sand after. I’ve attached pics of Mazda’s Aurora Blue, which is a cheaper version of Sonic Blue.
That paint looks nice. I just love that color.

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Mustangs have been in my family ever since I can remember. My aunts and grandmother all had foxes when I was young now they are still rocking the newer sn95s. Hell my 82 year old grandmother drives a bright yellow 40th daily lol

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
That paint looks nice. I just love that color.

Thanks. ...would’ve been a million times better had a professional painted it... ...and had it been Sonic Blue. But this is still a decent more affordable choice.

Boostr1

Reaction score
It's all about the amounts of clear coat and wet sanding that gets that rich deep look.

joe65

Reaction score
i know i'm late here, but are you going from orange to sonic? or is this just a repaint of a sonic blue car?

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
I'm going from orange to sonic. This car was originally red then the previous owner sprayed it orange. The orange is in really bad shape and all needs to come off

joe65

Reaction score
as soon as i asked the question i had figured out that you have the orange now. Is the plan a total strip then restart paint? Big project!

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Yea it's going to be a total strip. The body shop where I'm having it painted said to shoot it with standard grey and they will sand it and re primer. Got the shaker taken off today and gt hood put on. Now ots time to sand uggg

Addicted

Reaction score
I would rather pull an engine than sand:mad:, glad to see things moving along.

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Lol right. I'm really not looking forward to it. I'm atleast lucky enough were slow at work so I can pull the car right into the shop and do it on work time lol

Addicted

Reaction score
I seen that huge shop, I was wondering if it was all yours. I was thinking you lucky dog, but im blessed to have a little garage for my project.:rolleyes: withing the next 2 years I'm going to take everything off, and I mean everything, take it to metal via sabdblast inside and out. Brand new paint of course.

OP
OP
AdamP

AdamP

Reaction score
Yea I have a little garage at home. I'm just lucky to have an awsome boss who's into cars let me play at work. I also am lucky to have amazing fab guys here to help guide me with the things I've never done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt