Paint job $$$

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by musclemustang94, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Does anyone know what a good paint job would cost? I have been thinking about what it would cost to get my car in super good shape like everyone elses on this forum but shes gonna need a paint job. I have heard its cheaper if you dont change the color, but if i am going to get it painted i am going to get it painted either pearl white, that red the terminators come in, or some kind of black. Shes green right now. Any input would help cuz i dont know crap about paint. I have been thinking of taking a class when i get home to learn how to paint cars cuz i wanna know how, but anyways....someone who knows this stuff please help!

2. 2slo95fiveoh

2slo95fiveoh Well-Known Member

it is a lot cheaper to keep your current color, in order to change color there is a lot more work to be done if you want it done right. you have to get the underhood painted, rip out the interior and get the metal underneath it painted, there are a ton of places on the car that you wouldnt believe have paint on them. i would also recommend taking off as much of the body as you can: hood, fenders, bumpers, a and b pillers, etc. depending on the cost of paint and the painters cost i would est. $1,000-2,000. you'd better start preping.... O0

3. el docum

el docum Active Member

Hello,

It's around $2000.00 for a medium quality paint job, a good one can cost the double.

If you change the color it's will be expensive, nothing less then $3000.00 for a decent one.

F.

4. scarface

scarface Guest

in my area 2k will get you a GREAT paintjob.

5. Not as much as i thought it would be.

6. tooslow

tooslow Active Member

wow, thats cheap. $2-3k for a paintjob. my area a good paint ojb starts at $6k. my sister just changed her hood on her civic. $1k to paint the hood and spray match the fenders. stock replacement hood, if anyone cared no :rice: hood.

:noes:

7. shouldn't bought a B.A. carbon fiber one!

8. 19mustang95

19mustang95 Legend

i might have to drive up to Va to get my car repainted...a decent one here is at least 3.

9. scarface

scarface Guest

well I think you remember how to get here. :ass3:

10. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

3k on up, color change is more like 5