Paint talk again

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Where in the world can I find a place to mix gallons of a factory ford color specifically moonlight blue (KM) time has come and I scrapped the idea of satin black. Would any auto parts store mix it or what would you guys recommend I don't want to head into this project blinded picking up a gts wingless trunk hopefully this Tuesday and figured I can use the new trunk as a practice piece . Other option is plasti dip I like the idea of it but I like the option of having real paint

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'd do real paint if possible. as for where to get a gallon mixed...we have ohio auto-kolor and sherwin williams auto body supplies here. a lot of body shops will get ya some paint mixed too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
eastwood sells premixed colors if you don't have anyone local. I found a paint supply store that could mix what ever color I wanted.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Yeah my dad's talking me back into it plus I like the idea of detailing the car where you can't with plasti dip but thank you guys. I'll be checking out some shops locally and Eastwood is also a good idea I've looked into there powder coating kits. As far as color there most of the time spot on right? Also is there a rattle can I can get made up to match I want to spray my tank straps to match and figured it's easier with a can

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A paint shop should be able to make the paint pretty close. Each batch will be slightly different though.
My paint shop does rattle cans and small touch up jars, I'd just spray the straps while you're doing everything else?

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Alright sweet thanks man and I was just thinking of that it's to late for me lol.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i've bought a few spray cans mixed for my old gt from shewin williams. not a fan of the paint. color was never right and it came out of the can way too heavy. but for something like tank straps you can prolly get away with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online