painted rear bumper

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
just wondering who has painted the bottom of their rear bumper black and how they did it....post up some pics plz....and how exactly did you do it?

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
I painted mine, i cleaned the surface as mush as possible, and then taped the area off and then use Krylon Fusion (satin black), and sprayed light coats until fully covered. Let me know if u have any questions, its best to cover the rest of the car with a car cover or somthing to keep overspray off also, heres some pics of the results,
emblems010.jpg

Windixiepics027.jpg

whty98

Reaction score
I did mine this summer on a mild day with about low humidity. Do it in a place with no dust or anything to disturb it. I taped off everything and covered the whole back end with paper to protect from overspray. Then I sanded it down with I think 80 grit and then eventually ended with 1200. Make sure you keep everything clean and don't touch the area with your fingers, prep work is the most important. Then I shot primer and and then flat black. I sanded between coats going finer each time. Then I shot the clear, about 5 coats and sanded with 2400 grit. When you do the clear coat, shot it where the black and white (in my case) meet becuase that will stop it from chipping later down the road. It's really easy and looks great IMO

My car is really dirty there and have bumper inserts waiting to be put in

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:
you guys cant just put some Back to black on it and it look good ???
Well the paint seems to last longer. :hammer:

Well duh :D :D but if the BtoB only had to be done ever few months wouldnt it be cheaper in the long run if you own your car for just a few years.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:

Well duh :D :D but if the BtoB only had to be done ever few months wouldnt it be cheaper in the long run if you own your car for just a few years.

I'm with the noobie ^

wht46gt

Reaction score
mine came black i dont know if that was just an option or maybe was done before i got the car

The Green GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:

A can of krylon and a can of BTB cost about the same. The paint if cheaper for me since I work at Sherwin-Williams. ;D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:

A can of krylon and a can of BTB cost about the same. The paint if cheaper for me since I work at Sherwin-Williams. ;D

Dont they do paint on houses :D

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
The Black on Red looks good.

The pic of the Black on White is to big to get a good view of it.

The Green GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:
The Green GT said:
Snakebit said:

Dont they do paint on houses :D
Yea, but we deal in all kinds of paint.

And mine came painted black from the factory, but it was moire of a gray color when I got the car,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online