Painted the interior.

The Green GT

Reaction score
Came out pretty good. Im gonna get some black door panels because of the carpet on them. Maybe a new console. But all I need besides that is a little more paint to finish a few things, new seats, new steering wheel, and new carpet. Im gonna have to take my airbags out tomm so I can get around the edges so that tan line isnt there.

BEFORE (dont mind all the crap)
Picture1012.jpg

AFTER
Picture1030.jpg

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
looks good, what did you use?
the stuff from 50resto.com

Just search for dye.

BUT its not a dye IMO. It dosent penetrate. Atleast the laquer dosent. There are two types of the paint. A laquer for the hard plastics, and a vinyl for the soft stuff. The laquer looks like its not exactly the same color under bright light. You can kinda tell in the pic because of the flash. Look at where the console meets the dash and compare. But Im getting new door panels and a new console so oh well.

ALITL8

Reaction score
looks pretty good. when you pull your carpet out you know you can just die it and save yourself a lot of money and headache. i replaced my carpet with a "custom fit molded" kit (the more expensive one). can you guess what the definition of custom fit is? needless to say, i died the original carpet and will be reinstalling it soon!!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks better :)
The tan wasn't doin it.

It will look much different when your done.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
The Green GT said:
Just search for dye.

BUT its not a dye IMO. It dosent penetrate. Atleast the laquer dosent. There are two types of the paint. A laquer for the hard plastics, and a vinyl for the soft stuff. The laquer looks like its not exactly the same color under bright light. You can kinda tell in the pic because of the flash. Look at where the console meets the dash and compare. But Im getting new door panels and a new console so oh well.

did you use the vinyl for the dash? thats what you are suppose to and use the laquer for the door panels....thats what this guy did.

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2479358&postcount=165

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2480527&postcount=184

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I noticed it was mentioned about you coloring the carpet too ??? your not just going to get a new one ???

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I noticed it was mentioned about you coloring the carpet too ??? your not just going to get a new one ???
Im still on the fence about it.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
The Green GT said:
Just search for dye.

did you use the vinyl for the dash? thats what you are suppose to and use the laquer for the door panels....thats what this guy did.

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2479358&postcount=165

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2480527&postcount=184
Yea, I used them both. But the laquer for the hard surfacedsent match perfectly. You can see it under a flash, but not so much under regular light. Look at the console VS. the dash in the pic.

S

scarface

WOW...hows that gonna look in say 5 years? is that stuff proven to hold up?

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
WOW...hows that gonna look in say 5 years? is that stuff proven to hold up?
Well its a dye so it wont crack.

My windows are tinted really dark too so not much sun hits it. But who knows.

ALITL8

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
looks pretty good. when you pull your carpet out you know you can just die it and save yourself a lot of money and headache. i replaced my carpet with a "custom fit molded" kit (the more expensive one). can you guess what the definition of custom fit is? needless to say, i died the original carpet and will be reinstalling it soon!!

Snakebit said:

i dont advise the carpet kits... they are a PITA!!! if you can find a clean carpet in a salvage/parts car get that (best fit option... trust me!!!)

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
How much dye did you use and were did you get it?

I think Ill dye it.

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
yuck...

sorry... looks out of place...
How so?

When im done it will be all black so dont judge it by the ugly seats, carpet, and steering wheel. they will all soon be black.

G

GREG@SN95

The Green GT said:
GREG@SN95 said:
yuck...

How so?

When im done it will be all black so dont judge it by the ugly seats, carpet, and steering wheel. they will all soon be black.

sorry... i cant read too good... black stuff looks great...

i saw that green trim... ya gonna paint that too?

OP
OP
T

The Green GT

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
The Green GT said:
GREG@SN95 said:
yuck...

How so?

sorry... i cant read too good... black stuff looks great...

i saw that green trim... ya gonna paint that too?

no thats gonna stay like that. It looks alot better in person. I used automotive paint and added some more metal flake so in the light it really pops. And it goes good with the theme of my car.

S

scarface

I would have stayed with the tan and black myself. I hate all black interiors...BORING. Mine came that way from the factory :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online