painting mirrors

joshs95

Reaction score
i hope i posted this in the right place but any way has any one painted there mirrors on there cars yet mine are starting fade and been thinking about painting them cues it doesn't look to hard with those there not to much smoothing them out involved so i been planing on doing a do it your self project any tips or advice or good products i should use

OP
OP
J

joshs95

Reaction score
hey thanks for that link ill help once i get some time off of work

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Buy Mothers "Back to Black" and keep them black. Mine were all chalky when I bought my car and that Mothers stuff is the shite! They look brand new :thumb:

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
i do the same thing mothers back to black and tirtal wax ICE works well with that too i use both of them on all plastic parts even the tail lights because right now mine are sun faded and look like shit but they make your mirrors look better than new

G

GREG@SN95

wd40 shines plastic well too
:hammer:

no... I am serious... I use it...

OP
OP
J

joshs95

Reaction score
OK when i get off tomorrow ill stop by the auto parts store near me and see if they got that .ill try and see if it helps the problem any

grantouring21

Reaction score
man i cant help it, im a fan of the black mirrors. i find no reason in painting them. but IMO.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
wd40 shines plastic well too
:hammer:

no... I am serious... I use it...

And i bet its fun trying to get all the road grime and dust off of them.... Painted is where its at... even if you take the texture off of them and just paint them back black...

OP
OP
J

joshs95

Reaction score
im not sure what I'm going to do i going to see how good the black to black stuff works and then if I'm still not satisfied I'm going to paint them body color.

G

GREG@SN95

I think I'm gonna paint mine gloss black... so that they'll match the bullitts I buy...

txlen

Reaction score
mine are painted the same color as my car....Len

OP
OP
J

joshs95

Reaction score
i got some of that black to black stuff and finally got the time to apply it to the mirrors see how good it works today and it work wonder full they look better then new i also put some on that black trim piece were the wipers are also , thanks a million guys for all the help.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
joshs95 said:
i got some of that black to black stuff and finally got the time to apply it to the mirrors see how good it works today and it work wonder full they look better then new i also put some on that black trim piece were the wipers are also , thanks a million guys for all the help.

The shit is the shit :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online