Painting my car!!

red9535

Reaction score
I got my 1995 Mustang a couple weeks ago. It had some damage to the rear bumper - needed to be re-painted.

Tried to repair the body damage. The bumper looked like shit. Filled in the big gashes with bondo - that worked well. Then, I did my best to match up a color that would match the rest of the body, and re-painted. They don't have this specific color, so I just had to guess.

It turned out a little bit lighter then i'd wanted, but it's alright. I'm considering trying again - it was only 10 bucks worth of paint - but it doesnt look that bad. The pictures don't do justice. It looks a hell of a lot better then it did before, that's for sure. I just painted the bumper - as you can see, it matches the trunk pretty well. It's once you get to the side panel where you can see the contrast.

That's the problem with painting a 13 year old car - every panel is faded to a different color. So, let's hear some opinions. What do you think?

The rest of the paint looks alright - that was the worst part. Should I leave it like this, paint the rest of the car this red, try to find a darker shade that matches better, or paint the whole car black?

I really want it to be black to be honest.. but I don't have al ot of money to spend, and I don't want it to look like shit.

tommybunz

Reaction score
im painting mine black. now its white but since i have the motor out while i was thinking about it i just started painting the engine bay black so now i would have to go all the way. but i say either paint the whole car marlboro red or black

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
paint the whole car (new paintjob FTW :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.