painting side mirrors body color?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
hey guys, i have a 95 gt with "Highland green" OR "Metoline green" paint depending on which book you look in. I am getting my bumpers, a new hood, spoiler and fender repainted by a body shop here in town, and was wondering if anyone has painted the black side mirrors body color? i thought i had seen a light blue stang on here with it done, but I'm not 100% positive. opinions and pictures would be great, thanks

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
its a good mod to do...looks good. but i highly doubt either of those are the color fo your car...if its dark green, you have DFG. Deep Forrest Green unless it has been painted a different color which DHG or Dark Highland Green came on teh Bullitts.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
my fault, deep forest green sounds right. I've seen a couple mustangs on here with the same color. i think Metoline is the name that the automotive finishes paint place here in town calls it.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
is that a challange fets? haha. no i already got a price on getting everything plus the mirrors done, and I have already asked a couple people here locally, most of them say yes, a couple say no, but they drive different year mustangs, not the beloved sn95.... haha. i was thinking about the 03-04 cobra side mirrors, they have a little bit of body color paint already on them, i would just have to get mine painted to match, but i think i'll just get my stock ones painted.

Downshift

Reaction score
Paint the them. Friend of mine has them painted on his white 94 they look 99999999999999X better. When I get my car painted I will do them.

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
thanks r_suh for the pic, it does look clean as hell. Did you have anything else painted or just the side mirrors? I mean like any moldings around the mirror or anything. thanks

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
im going to be doing mine in the next couple of weeks. mine happens to be DFG as well, if you want i can work with you on a price if you would like me to do it. Let me know with PM and i will work out a price with you.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
btw anyone know how hard it is to get to those bolts on the inside?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
easy as hell. You just got to take off that black triangular piece on the inside of the door.

drg0227

Reaction score
paint them...

DSC00014.jpg

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ive seen 1 pic with the 03 mirrors but it was from a bad angle It did look good but i wonder how they would actually look, they seem to be bigger then ours, more 'fat'...anyone got pics?

OP
OP

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
i checked at my local ford dealership and my parts "guru" said that the 03-04 cobra mirrors will only fit 99-04, although i heard from some random mustang guy that they should fit, so i dont know who to believe, but i think i will just stick with my stock ones and paint them. I'm going to assume that the parts dept. is right, that the 03-04 cobra mirrors wouldnt fit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online