painting taillight bezels....

disjayrod

Reaction score
I'm planning on painting the bezels on 98 and i need some tips... first off how do you guys actually remove the bezels from the car??? what kind of paint did you use??? I've got some kryon fusion paint from when i painted my rear valance, how do you think that will look on the bezels??? i promise ill have the pics up asap...any help would be appreciated...

wytstang

Reaction score
Remove the tail assembly and the lenses will be removable, just wet sand them with a really really fine paper, using the Krylon Fuzion paint just make a bunch of light passes (think 6+ passes) with 15-20 min drying time. You want to make sure each pass is a very light coat meaning your first pass should bairly cover anything. Then after a few coats the lenses should be well covered with no runs i the paint. Good luck.

98GTnSC

Reaction score
any more tips on this as im wanting to paint my rear valance and bezels asap?

Britt GT

Reaction score
I have a '95 so I have the horizontal tails, so keep that in mind. Removing the tails is a PITA, it took my boyfriend and I awhile, but we finally got them out in one piece. We masked off the lenses really, really well, and scuffed up the bezels ('94-'95 tails are already kinda rough, so we used a very fine sandpaper). We used actual car paint, so we did a base/clear finish on them. I don't know if this helps at all, but that's what we did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online