Panhard bar/ torque arm set up and dimensions

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I probably have a couple of months of downtime. A lot of stuff to do till next time out.

Are you on facebook? itll be easier to catch up on there with you

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=19482]B.mad[/MENTION], honestly dude, it's going to be really tough to tell if it fits until you just hold it up in place. Because of all the variances in exhausts, and where your frame rails are, and how your axle sits in relation to your frame rails, you are going to have to do some serious blueprinting back there before you can say with any confidence that it will/will not fit.

Consider, if you are serious about running the panhard bar then does it matter if your current exhaust clears it? Meaning this: if you are going to run a bar no matter what, then it will either fit or it won't. If it does, bonus. If it doesn't, no biggie. Make adjustments to the exhaust (or a muffler shop can do this), or run a different set. Your exhaust should not dictate whether you have a panhard or not. Just dive in my friend. The best/easiest thing you can do in this case is to get the bar when you are able, and put it up there. If the exhaust doesn't clear, take pics of what doesn't clear, and bring it up to the good folks here on the forum. I'm sure we can help out or at least point you in the direction you need if you don't already know. Worst case you are looking at a different of pipes. LMR 2.5" 5.0 pipes I know will clear it, as that is what I have. I think they are like $150 new. If that's out of the budget, see if you can snag some from a salvage yard? Or maybe side exit, that would be pretty rad.

The two big areas of fitment concern with the bar is the diff cover (if you have a bulky one with a support brace thing) and the exhaust pipes. Also, keep in mind, if you are going to also run a torque arm, you *will* have to get your midpipe modified. So I wouldn't sweat the exhaust so much at this point :)

DavidBoren

Reaction score
You can always cut the pipes, install the panhard bar, and take your car and the pipes to a good exhaust shop. They should be able to rebend/modify the tailpipes to go around the PHB once it's in place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online