Passenger side window won't roll up or down w/o assistance?

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
I bought the car with many little issues, and tackled the floppy door panels/switches today. Got the panels secured temporarily (prev owner had broken off all but 2 clips and tried to glue window switch panels) and would like to fix the pass window before buying/installing the new panels. It operates correctly with the switch, but clunks and doesn't move without help pulling it up/down. Sounds like a gear jumping teeth, believe it or not...?? Hopefully one of y'all may know the trick as I surely know very little about this. Thank you!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and I have never gotten around to fixing it. I think it's the bearings in the motor but I'm not 100% sure.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
As stated above, there are 3 nylon bushings that crumble over time. I think AM sells a kit. Or you can just use 3 1/4-20 nuts instead.

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
As stated above, there are 3 nylon bushings that crumble over time. I think AM sells a kit. Or you can just use 3 1/4-20 nuts instead.

Thanks! When I was repairing the door panel/window switches, there surely wasn't much access to work/see the inner workings of the window setup.I was apprehensive about just tearing stuff off without some knowledge so would you know the best sequence to do this? Much appreciation for your guidance bud. Hopefully, will get my drivers side fender.turn signal housing tomorrow after work, and will be powder coating the billet grille/scoop grilles at work tomorrow so will have to get a progress thread started!

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing and I have never gotten around to fixing it. I think it's the bearings in the motor but I'm not 100% sure.
If you haven't got yours fixed yet, it only took me like 35 minutes to do it... Thanks to the link from Elrod

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Haven't done it yet but I bought the little kit thing last night so maybe one day this weekend I'll start on it. Glad that helped you man! Any extra tips or anything you encountered that might help?

I already hate Tapatalk...

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Fixed mine today. Took me forever to figure out how to get the motor back in lol. Also I had to tak the motor out and use a hammer to tap the gear and the bearings back in place but everything else turned out ok. Window works again most importantly!

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Fixed mine today. Took me forever to figure out how to get the motor back in lol. Also I had to tak the motor out and use a hammer to tap the gear and the bearings back in place but everything else turned out ok. Window works again most importantly!

Sorry, bud I didn't have my notifications set correctly in order to know when I was responded to... <-- (Dumbass?) I used the 3 1/4" nuts in the triple slots to tighten it, cleaned out the crud, and reassembled the unit. Cost me 0 as I already had the them laying around. I also greased the gears a touch but did find it a bit tough to get it seated correctly. Glad that you got it! Going to solder my rear window defroster clip and fix the cooling fan issue today. I think I'll put up a thread on the def. procedure if there isn't one, as that crappy repair kit isn't very good at all and actual solder will last forever if ya prep it correctly! Thanks again bud.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online