passing emissions

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
I have a 1998 Mustang gt 4.6 and I was wanting to take the whole exhaust system off and only put back on some headers with maybe some tubes while keep tthe cats and muffler off. If i do it I won't be able to pass emissions because of the whole o2 sensor in cat not being there,

if i bought http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924677+4294840044+4294888503+115&autoview=sku
BBK MIL Eliminators: BBK-1675 - summitracing.com

would i be able to pass emissions or would their computer tell them that i put the mil eliminator on?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think a shop will be able to tell if you have MIL eliminators unless they go out of their way and know what they are looking for. All they do is send the correct voltage back to the ECU. As long as there is the correct voltage, they can't tell if you are using the standard O2 sensors or not. However, you won't be able to pass visual inspection without cats or mufflers.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i don't think they do visual inspections atleast i didn't see them doing one when i went, all i did was pull up and they looked at my sticker and pulled up again and they hooked the computer up to my car and then i drove off, i don't remember seeing any grates in the floor but theere could've been

idk i went about 2 weeks ago and I wasn't looking for it at the time

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So you think your going to pass with a car with just longtubes? If you do... good luck lol. That sucker is going to be loud just with some LT's.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
The second they hear that car with just long tubes and straight pipes you will be screwed.

OP
OP
R

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i might just stick my stock exhaust back on before the test then :( but idk, maybe just buy a huge muffler from t he junkyard and tape it in or something lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online