patriot heads

mark8796

Reaction score
anyone out there want to converse w/ me about patriot heads? I got my '96 torn apart for pi intake and cam swap(got it all for $120 on e-bay), and was thinking about since i got it torn apart, to just get go ahead and get some patriot stage 2 or 3 heads and maybe comp supercharger cams (I got a powerdyne 8#) while i'm at it. whats 2Gs on the credit card? what is the diff between stage 2 and stage 3 (other than price and chamber volume)? are the stage 3s worth the extra $200? do these heads raise or lower compression ratio? i can't find anything on the net about that. what other parts are needed for the swap? any dyno #s before/after swap? worth the $? ease of install? also, i've got 30# injectors still in box to install. can i slap these in once i re-install my fuel rail and be good to go, or will the car run like ass until a tune? i've got a diablo "maf"ia for the injector swap, any thoughts on settings for it to match the 30#ers until i can get a tune? sorry for all the questions. help. thanks!

97gtconv.

Reaction score
stage 2 patriots have 1.78" valves while the stage 3's have 1.84, the more the cc's of the chamber less compression the engine will have. i haven't seen a flow chart of the two but the stage 3's would probably make 15 to 30cfm more at peak cfm than the stage 2's. if your using the stock 96 pistons with stock cylinder bore with a STOCK P.I. cylinder head which it's chamber is 42cc your compression would be at 10.5x. with your blower that's pretty high but you could use a set of cometic headgaskets (thicker ones to reduce compression) but with 8lbs should be fine but someone with more experience should chime in. as for the cams and fuel injector it's not going to run very nice at all. i'd spend the money to get a dyno tune and have the cams timed.

someone will chime in to give some further advice

anyone out there want to converse w/ me about patriot heads? I got my '96 torn apart for pi intake and cam swap(got it all for $120 on e-bay), and was thinking about since i got it torn apart, to just get go ahead and get some patriot stage 2 or 3 heads and maybe comp supercharger cams (I got a powerdyne 8#) while i'm at it. whats 2Gs on the credit card? what is the diff between stage 2 and stage 3 (other than price and chamber volume)? are the stage 3s worth the extra $200? do these heads raise or lower compression ratio? i can't find anything on the net about that. what other parts are needed for the swap? any dyno #s before/after swap? worth the $? ease of install? also, i've got 30# injectors still in box to install. can i slap these in once i re-install my fuel rail and be good to go, or will the car run like ass until a tune? i've got a diablo "maf"ia for the injector swap, any thoughts on settings for it to match the 30#ers until i can get a tune? sorry for all the questions. help. thanks!

tooslow

Reaction score
i don't know too much about them, but i know the stage 3 heads aren't suggested unless you have at least .020" overbore as the valves are larger and are very shrouded with stock bore. stock bore will see little to know or even less hp with stage 3 than stage 2.

another thing, i don't know about their modular reputation. but i do here in the LS1 aftermarket anything patriot is shit and laughed at. :dunno:

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, dal. has the powerheads and loves them from what he said.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.