PATS system testing. Any clever ways around?

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I'm getting a new edge delivered here to the garage and I'll have two mustangs here with pats on them. One works one doesn't. The one that's having issues is the 2002 the running car is my 98. Can I take my ignition and pats stuff out of the 98 column and put it in the 2002 to test it since both key and reciever in the 98 function properly?

That way if it works I won't need to pay 150 for a new vehicle on my tuner to disable pats and I can disable it on the 98...right?

9838stang

Reaction score
No, the pats stuff on the 02 works with the gauge cluster as well. There is also a sensor for the pats system around the igition system as well. And I believe that had a different connector

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
No, the pats stuff on the 02 works with the gauge cluster as well. There is also a sensor for the pats system around the igition system as well. And I believe that had a different connector

Ok. Yea I figured it wouldn't be that simple. Guess I'm gonna be taking a gamble ordering a new tune with the system disabled either way. Just wated to see if I could get it running today.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
So what all would I need from a similar year to get it to work? Gauge cluster, ring reciever and ignition with the matching key for that reciever?

9838stang

Reaction score
I think there is an how to on how to program the key... If that is the issue.

Other wise it would be a little bit more than that. If I remember correctly it gets stored in the cars computer as well... Or the security system that is in the trunk...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Read codes it will tell you if it's a pats issue..

Doing this now...

But, just wen back out there and the theft light goes out after a couple seconds in run position, then turns off...no flash while trying to start. NOT PATS? No power to injectors with key on still....

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
That one is no help. .
I had issues with a key that was made for my car. The theft light would blink as soon as I put it on the on position. . Lock Smith had to reprogram. And it left the pats code on..

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
That one is no help. .
I had issues with a key that was made for my car. The theft light would blink as soon as I put it on the on position. . Lock Smith had to reprogram. And it left the pats code on..

That WAS the problem... It has since cleared itself of that flashing theft light while in the on position. Im even getting blinks on my test light at both sides of the injectors...i know its not a noid tester but it shows its activating them correct? as soon as it has any starter fluid she fires right up...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
could the p1000 show the pcm is not comunicating or something? Should i just go ahead and try to swap out my CCRM out of my 98??

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
If I remember right that's the code for when the ecc has been cleared from codes. It needs a few cycles to go away. . But the car would have to start

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Omfg. Wait till u guys see the gas that I'm taking out of thing. All that diagnostic and it's just bad gas. And I mean wow. It's bad.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM. IZ DA GAS SPOSED TO BE WHITE AND LOOK LIKE SOME MILK GUYS?? HAHA
image_zpsc6cuchnx.jpg

9838stang

Reaction score
Make sure you flush the shit outta those injectors.... That could be sugar or bleach or something like that....

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Wow, wonder if someone put something in the tank.

Make sure you flush the shit outta those injectors.... That could be sugar or bleach or something like that....

EXACTLY... First thing i thought, this dude had some ex or something put some s*** in his tank!

That car sat for a couple months because no one even thought hmmm i should check the fuel condition even though it squirts out and DOESNT EVEN SMELL LIKE GAS.

I flushed the system, gonna fill it up and run some cleaner through a couple fills. CAR RUNS LIKE A DAMN TOP NOW!!!!

9838stang

Reaction score
only thing I see to do see if you can find somebody with a scope to look inside of the cylinder to make sure tut the spark plugs or pull out the spark plugs out to see how those look also try taking the oil out to make sure the oil is compromised. Is there any way to pull a tank out to make sure the fuel pump in the tank itself will not have any issues. If something like that was in the tank I would be concerned if the tank isn't compromised

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Plugs were a little fouled. Prob still are. I put heet in the tank which neutralizes any leftover small amounts of water. Basically it adds isopropyl alcohol to the fuel in the tank and it mixes with water essentially making the water combustible. I'm pretty sure everything is out of the system. Only thing I need to do is change the plugs. Has a slight hesitation at wot and low rpm load.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online