PATS system

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Got out of work this morning and vehicle went into anti theft mode and have tried everything on all the forums to get it to reset and still nothing so looking to change out the transceiver underneath the column, question I have is about interchangeable parts. Does the part I put back in have to be the same part number as I take out?

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Ttocs thank you very much for your insight... that is why the parts are already off to compare

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Now someone also told me that it was possible to get a resistor that is the same load as the key and to insert it in the sensor... jas anybody ever done that?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well yes that is impossible because what they are describing is the VATS sytsem that gm uses with a resistor in the key. PATS uses a passive transponder that repeats/reflects and slightly changes the signal back that the ant reads and then the computer then authorizes.

If I am not mistaken all pats kills is the fuel pump? I am asking because I am not sure, and if that is the case all that should be needed is to run new power to the pump.

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Well not familiar with the pats system that much either so might have to do more research

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Next thing I have tried is replacing the transceiver underneath the ignition and that didn't work and have tried to hooked up a scan tool to see if it is throwing any codes... would the pats system make it disabled so the code reader wouldn't work?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think pats would show up on a code reader for problems nor cause problems for a code reader.

You have tried putting the key in the ignition and leaving it at the run position for 5-10 mins?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If the code reader isn’t working, check all your fuses to start with. Under hood and under the dash. Could have a blown fuse to the ecu.

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Have tried all the reset methods listed in every forum and checked fuses under dash... will have to check engine compartment next

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only option I can think of now is I hear it is possible to turn off pats in the tune. I do not know for sure but it might be worth a try to check if you have any tuners local

az97cobra

Reaction score
It was some time ago on a 97 with SCT and a bit of effort but the tuner was able to turn off the PATS for me since mine is a track only car and I wanted to do a push button start.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was some time ago on a 97 with SCT and a bit of effort but the tuner was able to turn off the PATS for me since mine is a track only car and I wanted to do a push button start.
you should have just attached the back of one of the programmed keys to the ignition cylinder so it always saw it there

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Well I have a guy from the local dyna shop he is pretty sure he can bypass it with the hp tuners set up and he is coming to the house to try because everything else hasn't worked yet

OP
OP
B

Bdenmark73

Reaction score
Still trying to figure out vehicle PATS problem and waiting for the tune shop to have time ...
Does anybody know what it might mean to not be able to even get a obd2 scanner to be able to connect to the ecu? Have a feeling that if I can't get it to connect that a tune shop won't be able to either and be able to disable the pats system? Has anyone ever ran into something like this?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online