Paul's Fox Body Restoration Build (Updated 11.29.14 - We Have Fuel Pressure)

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Well, the first update on the notch in about six months.

My buddy Croke came by today. We worked a little on the notch. Tried to install the upper intake - no go because the vaccuum block hits the fuel injector. Ordered a 1" phenolic spacer. $80 down the drain. Put a gallon of gas in the tank and pressurized the fuel system, resulting in all kinds of leaks. Replaced the old dry-rotted o-ring in the plug under the passenger side fuel rail, replaced the -8AN hose end that attaches the adapter to the braided fuel lines from the factory fuel lines, and tightened everything else up. No more fuel leaks. Car has fuel pressure. That's a big step. We tried to install the Lightning MAF. Turns out the adapter I bought years ago doesn't fit the LMAF I have, so that idea is out. I ordered a Pro-M MAF for 24# injectors. Another $200 down the drain. I tried to get the rear brakes buttoned up. Don't have the correct e-brake cables. Ordered those - another $80 down the drain. Tried to install the stupid oil dipstick, which didn't fit of course. After over an hour of grinding, cussing, cutting, and headache, we managed to install the dipstick. This is how EVERYTHING goes with my car. Got the stock airbox installed after finding the new hardware I bought for it, plus putting a new foam gasket thing on the backside of it. Found some of the hardware I needed for the hood latch, but didn't get everything installed just yet. Happy I found the hardware though.

In addition to the MAF, phenolic spacer, and parking brake cabeles, I went on 5.0 Resto to waste more money and bought a bunch of random crap
- Fender splash guard fasteners
- Short antenna
- Hood bumpers
- New power steering pressure, return, and drain hoses
- Wire harness retaining clips
- Various speed nuts for the under the hood
- Couple pigtails
- Headlight harness ground bolts

...and maybe some other things I forgot. Mostly small little detail stuff. I'll be working on it more over the holidays because I have a bunch of time off. I really don't like this car. I just dropped another $500 a few minutes ago for stupid bullshit just to try to get the car put together correctly. At least when I spend $500 on the red car, I get something I can point at and say "Hey, look what my money bought me."

Stupid car.

Paul.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, I know how you feel man. It's the small stuff nickeling and diming you that drives us nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online