PBR Calipers on 97 cobra?

jys97cobra

Reaction score
juss wondering if pbr dual piston calipers on a 97 mustang cobra are stock? ive been having clearance issues with new brake pads. they are too loose and rattle like crazy when i drive. are they supposed to have the single pin that locks the pads in place or are these calipers from a different yr/model? i juss read that pbr calipers come in 99+ cars.
should i try 99+ gt or cobra pads?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the dual piston Cobra calipers are PBR, so yes they're stock. They are the same as the Mach and Bullitt calipers. I'm pretty sure they are different than 99+ GT brakes.

OP
OP
J

jys97cobra

Reaction score
thanks, i was juss wondering cause i juss put new pads, but the outside pad doesnt fit
the caliper bracket right and it rattles. the top of the brake pad is loose. anyone have this problem?

Addermk2

Reaction score
you need to shim it. I get that problem with alot of cheap aftermarket brake pads

OP
OP
J

jys97cobra

Reaction score
i went to the dealer to pick up an idler pulley and asked for a pic of the front brake pads, i am missing the anti rattle clips and cant get them seperate. 2 months ago i bought brembo pads at clearance for 40$ and no clips...bastards. ford pads for this car close to $200. im juss gonna make some shims for now until they wear out.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Do you need the idler pulley, or is it just a bad bearing?

rio94

Reaction score
Go to oreillys, autozone, napa any of these places should sell just the anti rattle clips :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online