PBR calipers

95-stang

Reaction score
Having looked at all the expensive Cobra brake upgrades [which are not that expensive, its the shipping] i managed to locate a member of our club who is selling me 2 PBR calipers with pads off a 2002 GT. [he's rich than me and fitted Cobra gear].
I know theres a bit of grinding to do on the mounting lugs and the caliper, and it seems my brake hoses wont do.
Has anyone done this "upgrade" and was it worth it?
Its just a road car, and even with Red Stuff pads atm, it could do with a bit more upfront on our tiny, overcrowded, and roundabout infested roads. :)

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I got all my brakes thru our sponsor stangsuspension I do understand your over seas. I didnt have to do any drilling or grinding for my cobra stuff although I did use the new caliper brackets, rotors, and new ss lines. If your using your stock caliper brackets I think u need to grind down just a bit.

G_94_T

Reaction score
i'm waiting to install those same calipers myself(2003).......you have t grind 5mm off each mounting ear on the stock spindle cause the PBR calipers are longer.also your banjo bolt wont work in the new calipers ....the thread pitch is different.i called the guys at stangsuspension.com and the sold me a braided steel brake line kit with the proper banjo bolt for around $60...give them a call,theyll hook you up

OP
OP

95-stang

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the links, i was'nt sure if the banjo bolt was different, looks like a new set of stainless front lines then. :)

SonicStang

Reaction score
I have done the install by myself, if you know a military member you can save on shipping. I used steel braided brake lines. Pics on www.sonicstang.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.