PCE, Performance Products, Typhoon or Speed Master intake manifold for sale for a 4.6?

Oh3GT

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have or know where to find an aluminum PCE, Typhoon or SpeedMaster 4.6 2 valve intake manifold for sale? I'm a bit late to the party but desperately would like to find one! Thanks!

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have a typhoon on my 02 gt and can tell you it’s not great. I like that it’s metal but otherwise stock is the way to go. It’s gutless even with 4.10s. Edelbrock is a good choice but not worth it unless you’re geared and have big cams.

OP
OP
O

Oh3GT

Reaction score
Thanks guys, The issue that im having is the Ford PI manifold everyone is out of until March. I currently have the worst manifold ever on currently- dorman. I'm having my engine rebuilt this month with new Mahle pistons ,Comp cam's extreme energy 102100 camshafts and didn't want to put that thing back on

07GTS197 what do you think of the PI intake and a Accufab throttle body and plenum? Just not sure if i should go with the 70MM or 75MM?? What are your thoughts?
Ill have the Comp Cams, cold air intake BBK Shorty headers and a SCT Tuner with the Plenum and either the 70 or 75 throttle body? I just wanted to try to get the typhoon just to not have to worry about any of the plastic issues( ive gone thru 2 so far) even if it performed the same as the PI or close to it. Thoughts? any suggestions would be great!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well, the pi manifolds are in production. Quantities are small. Might want to check with a ford dealership over these mustang parts suppliers. The manifold is still being bought by ford and ships to ford. The mustang parts companies get them 2nd.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I get it. I still think pi is the way to go and not lose low end torque. If you’re dead set on getting a metal intake then an Edelbrock is the way to go.

Oh and a 75mm throttle body is perfect.

OP
OP
O

Oh3GT

Reaction score
Well, the pi manifolds are in production. Quantities are small. Might want to check with a ford dealership over these mustang parts suppliers. The manifold is still being bought by ford and ships to ford. The mustang parts companies get them 2nd.
Pretty much everyone is out right now. ive searched for days and found zero in stock

OP
OP
O

Oh3GT

Reaction score
I have a typhoon on my 02 gt and can tell you it’s not great. I like that it’s metal but otherwise stock is the way to go. It’s gutless even with 4.10s. Edelbrock is a good choice but not worth it unless you’re geared and have big cams.
Thanks for your input. Yea, id like to find a typhoon just because its alum and will last forever, But might wind up with a Ford PI if i can find one. Thanks for you help on the size throttle body for the mods i have, i appreciate it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online