PCV 90* Elbow

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
Yea the hose end. I already found a solution for my problem. I just wanted to get rid of the plastic ninety with the 2 ports on it that came with the PCV valve. I bought a emissions hose from Dorman that's made for a Dodge/ Chrysler. It's a 12" length of hose with a ninety on one end. It fits not to snug on the valve... a zip tie should keep it on for security. Blech, the lengths we go to work with our modified Mustangs... even to put a heathen Dodge part on our vehicle...

TheOdessa

Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Throw a catch can on that PCV valve. You'll be shocked what it catches. I was. So much is now not being recirculated back into the plenum. The throttle body will thank you as well as the entire upper intake and plenum as it won't get gunked up now. Catch cans are a cheap investment and one of the first mods I'd do on these motors. I'd get one with a quick drain valve for ease of draining. I do it every oil change and I'm absolutely SHOCKED each time at the blow by.

Use the proper lines if you do it. Using improper lines will cause them to collapse and that isn't good if the PCV isn't venting properly. You do know it needs to vent right? Not trying to be insulting - just trying to help.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish exactly?

Throw a catch can on that PCV valve. You'll be shocked what it catches. I was. So much is now not being recirculated back into the plenum. The throttle body will thank you as well as the entire upper intake and plenum as it won't get gunked up now. Catch cans are a cheap investment and one of the first mods I'd do on these motors. I'd get one with a quick drain valve for ease of draining. I do it every oil change and I'm absolutely SHOCKED each time at the blow by.

Use the proper lines if you do it. Using improper lines will cause them to collapse and that isn't good if the PCV isn't venting properly. You do know it needs to vent right? Not trying to be insulting - just trying to help.

Excuse me sir, I will let you know that I have a catch can and had it for awhile I'm just relocating it to the front of the engine bay. I need to have longer hoses, and I think I bought wrong hoses. Where can I buy lengths of PCV hoses any way. I need like 4 feet. Trust me I know about blow by. I have those
TFS valve covers with the infamous baffles. I would do a couple WOT pulls and my catch can was full. I fixed the issue by switching to a SVO Turbo 2.3 PCV valve. Cut oil collection by 85 percent.

I'm getting rid of this...
PCV.jpg

And replacing it with this
dorman.jpg
It's about 12" long :cool: so I can cut it to size:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online