Pcv delete

J_lope82

Reaction score
96 mustang gt with full PI swap. This car came with a Pcv delete. What’s is you all’s experience with this delete on these cars? What are the pros and cons? I’m thinking I should install the pcv back on but I’m not sure.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I had the same setup on my 00 Gt when I bought it. It ran fine and that side is suction so you won’t get oil coming out of that one. I don’t think it’s really worth doing except on a forced induction motor.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Well after trying to trouble shoot a lean code I noticed that the PCV delete is half way done by the previous owner. I don’t know how I missed that but I did. It has a breather on the driver side valve cover and the Pcv valve still connected to the intake plenum on the passenger side.
Previous owner gave me a catch can when I bought the car.
Which way would you all go and why? Delete it completely, put it back to original state or try to install the catch can.
The catch can is a moshimoto and did not come with hoses.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
My opinion is to delete it completely and put the catch can in there. That’s how my coyote swap is set up. The pcv on the modular engines sucks up a lot of oil off the cams. That oil goes straight in the intake and then to the back of the valves. I don’t like it.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
My opinion is to delete it completely and put the catch can in there. That’s how my coyote swap is set up. The pcv on the modular engines sucks up a lot of oil off the cams. That oil goes straight in the intake and then to the back of the valves. I don’t like it.
To delete it completely you need to plug the plenum, plug the intake tube and then put breather/s on the valve covers right?

TrickVert

Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to delete it (unless you have a wildly-blown or other radical setup) and good reason to keep it. Reinstall it the way Ford designed it, and install the catch can in the line. You'll get no oil in your intake, and still remove moisture and contaminants from the oil as intended.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
There's absolutely no reason to delete it (unless you have a wildly-blown or other radical setup) and good reason to keep it. Reinstall it the way Ford designed it, and install the catch can in the line. You'll get no oil in your intake, and still remove moisture and contaminants from the oil as intended.
Catch can goes on the Pcv line correct?

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Well I drove the car a few days with the Pcv deleted and just a breather on the valve cover. The CEL is off now. However there is some fumes and heat coming out of the valve cover breather. I went to oreilly’s and bought some vacuum line and put the pvc back in service. I’m going to drive it like this a few days. If the CEL stays off I will install a catch can with the Pcv valve in service and leave it like that permanently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online