PCV System Theory of Opertation and the Alternatives. (Updated 4-02-07)

Reaction score
So I bought the kobalt seperator and I tested it by putting a little water in it. When I put the water in it it just started drainging out the bottom :help2: here is a picture, did I buy the wrong one, because I thought that its supposed to keep all the fluids inside until I drain it, so any help would be cool

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
did you mess with it? like put a fitting in the bottom?

Reaction score
nope that was how it came, I think I will swing by lowes today to see about a valve or something that will work

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
I went with a freeze plug in the rear of the manifold to block the factory PCV. I put a -12an line going to their own dedicated breather canisters mounted in the fenderwells. I have a GM vac pump that I am going to put in line on one side between the v/c and canister. The pump will come on at 2-3lb of boost and pull vac from v/c and vent out thru the canister. I am thinking that there will need to be an oil separator first though before the pump to keep it from pulling oil. I may run it first without and see if I get any at all. The v/c's are the tall Moroso fabricated aluminum ones and I had a baffle welded in under the weld bung fitting for the hose.

Going off the what I feel is the basic principle of PCV......to pull excess crank pressure it should work only I will not be using intake vacuum to do so, an electric pump instead.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I recently bought a Victor 5.8 intake that will be going on soon and as stated there is no provisions for the PCV. Should I do an oil separator such as the lowes set up or am I fine if I run dual breathers ( one on each valve cover )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online