pcv system

monkeydude3

Reaction score
There is an extra tube that I Don't know what it does. On the passenger side, I have the PCV valve in the valve cover that goes to the throttle body. On the driver's side, there is a tube from the valve cover to the intake tube, and I dunno what it is. In the valve cover it's in a 90 degree elbow that doesn't wanna come out.

Anyone know wtf it is? 97 GT

S

scarface

monkeydude3 said:
There is an extra tube that I Don't know what it does. On the passenger side, I have the PCV valve in the valve cover that goes to the throttle body. On the driver's side, there is a tube from the valve cover to the intake tube, and I dunno what it is. In the valve cover it's in a 90 degree elbow that doesn't wanna come out.

Anyone know wtf it is? 97 GT

Im pretty sure it is the fresh air side of the PVC system. draws air in on that side and it is drawn out by the intake side.

brwillms

Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread. I have just figured out that this pcv look a like is broken on my car and was wondering if anyone had found any information on it? A part number would be great if it can be replaced. Thanks in advance for your help.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
your supposed to replace the PCV valve every so often

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ford dealer is the only place that has that little thing, I dunno even know what it's called. It's like 11 bucks,

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
i thought it was serviced as part of the valve cover and not alone? (HINT: electrical tape works wonders....)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You can buy that little round thing that goes in the driver's side valve cover. If we are talking about the same thing here.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
im thinking we are talking about the 90* tube that sticks out of the valve cover. is that what we are talking about? i tried taking it off a few times but then stopped in fear of breaking it off. local dealership told me it wasnt servicable by itself, had to buy a new valve cover (but then again, it wouldnt be the first time they were wrong.....)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I haven't loked at a 2v in awhile now... But, in the driver's side valve cover there is a little thing that fit's in a rubber grommet, just like a breather. It has a hose that runs over to the air intake. Mine was a little different because of the blower, but it used to go in front of the throttle body on the CAI.

That little thing pulls out and is replaceable.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I haven't loked at a 2v in awhile now... But, in the driver's side valve cover there is a little thing that fit's in a rubber grommet, just like a breather. It has a hose that runs over to the air intake. Mine was a little different because of the blower, but it used to go in front of the throttle body on the CAI.

That little thing pulls out and is replaceable.

yup, thats the one im talking about too. i guess mine was just glued on really good then.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I leaned on mine or something once and snapped it right off, so I was pretty unafraid to pop it out, maybe it twisted? I don't remember, but I went everywhere to ry to get one, and after everyone tried to sell me a PCV I went to Fritts Ford in Riverside and they gave me the right piece.

brwillms

Reaction score
***update***

In a pinch I found a PCV elbow for 97-04 Fords. I had to "modify" it a bit but it fits snug. 2 bucks for the the part at autozone. That beat trying to find a replacement valve cover. Thanks for your help everybody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online