PCV Valve

lonestar1

Reaction score
Gentlemen, got 205K miles on 2002 4.6 motor. My original pcv valve has the 90 degree bend and I can't find a replacement pcv. The new ones are straight up and I will need a new hose. Does a pcv valve go bad? I always clean them with carb cleaner. I've noticed quite a bit of oil in the line and wondering if this is normal or if the valve may be worn out.

Thanks for your help.

Lonestar1

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You may need a new pcv valve and replacing the grommet is ideal too, but the modulars have alot of residual oil floating around in the valve covers that get sucked into the intake tract. Grabbing an oil/air separator from steeda, summit, jegs eliminates this. All modular engines need an oil/air separator regardless of use.

OP
OP
L

lonestar1

Reaction score
Can there be enough oil to notice it burning in the exhaust?

yzfr6i

Reaction score
Another thing to check while your working on your PCV is the line that runs from the passenger side to the throttle body. Start the car and let it idle. Look at the hose where it makes the 90* bend and goes into the TB, and see if the hose is collapsing. The oil that gets sucked through the hose causes it to breakdown and become weak. The addition of an oil separator will replace this as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online