Pedals staggered this much??

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is this normal?. Never noticed it before, but seems like a pretty radical stagger.
image.jpg
Pretty much a 45 degree angle accelerator pedal to clutch pedal.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Buehler? Buehler?…. Anyone??
LOL
(crickets)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't comment because I thought someone would have better info. I remember reading there was a quick modification you could do to bring the gas up close to even but I never needed it so I never looked into the details about it.

Makoto

Reaction score
the studs are really long so i put spacers behind the bracket for mine. brought it out a bit more.

07GtS197

Reaction score
You can insert a nylon spacer around the throttle linkage at the pedal end. It will tighten the cable and move the pedal up. I’ve done it before myself. Most likely you’ll find that if you push the gas all the way, you’re not really at wide open throttle.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Might have to be careful about that one because if you floor it and there's gap between the pedal and the carpet the cable could take on unnecessary damage over time.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’ve done that mod to two of my mustangs and both were fine. I remember that was a concern years ago too but I don’t remember reading about any broken throttle cables. I can see how it could happen though.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I’ll leave well enough alone then…leave them as is.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it really wasn't a difficult thing to fix if I remember correctly from the video. Do some searches on youtube and you can probably find it. As they mentioned all you do is slip a small spacer over the wire at the pedal that takes up some slack.

JDMac34

Reaction score
Yep, that's normal. I found this very annoying so I added the Maximum Motorsports clutch relocation brackets, quadrant, and adjustable cable. My clutch is now even with the brake pedal. I also added a zip-tie to the throttle cable (like what @07GtS197 suggested) to bring the throttle pedal up a little bit.

IMG_6056.jpg
Sorry, not the best picture...

I have relatively long legs and use my car for autocross. This pedal setup is much more comfortable for me and my feet get hung up less when shifting. Nothing wrong with the stock setup; but there are options to fix the odd alignment if you would like.

07GtS197

Reaction score
There used to be a writeup on mustangworld years ago that’s since been lost but someone on another forum has his own writeup.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Initiated an installation conversation with “my guy”. Same place that did my MM F/R suspension.Looking at the MM clutch kit (OE Ford cable; aluminum quadrant; firewall adjuster and heat shields). I’m guesstimating 4-5 hours for them to install?? Does that sound about right??

badass98svt

Reaction score
Initiated an installation conversation with “my guy”. Same place that did my MM F/R suspension.Looking at the MM clutch kit (OE Ford cable; aluminum quadrant; firewall adjuster and heat shields). I’m guesstimating 4-5 hours for them to install?? Does that sound about right??

More like under 2 hours. Hardest part is wedging yourself under the dash to remove/install the quadrant.

Someone on here just had a bunch of issues installing a new cable and quad. It's pretty straight forward though. If you do it yourself, make note of the routing of the cable, and reinstall it in the same location.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I asked MM. Got feedback saying all I’d need is their clutch cable kit($208) and their pedal height adjuster($20). So basically $250+labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser