People Just Dont Understand

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So yeah, the other day I was at a light and basically I raced a 94 Firebird Formula with an auto. I won but then today I saw them again at the local Starbucks. They werent dicks or anything to me but they just had to know what I had in my car. I told them that I have basic bolt ons.... not even Heads and such... Anyway to make a long story short, they wanted to go again. Now, I mind you his car is stock. He told me and I looked at it. I then asked what he thinks it runs in the 1/4. He was like "Oh, it has to be like a 12.9..." ???

Now I know I havent run my car at the track, but you all know that If I even got a 14 flat in my car I would be lucky... I just dont get people anymore. Do people think that their cars run these crazy numbers? Is it just ignorance? Sorry if im ranting.... im tired and kinda confused about life... :dunno:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Very true... I just kinda laugh. But I do explain to them that the experience they get from going to the track cannot even be measured. You get humbled...

waltnono

Reaction score
I never took any of my cars to the track. I'm not into racing but I do like speed if that makes any sense :dunno:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I like to go fast and stuff too. But I also like seeing how I can improve myself. The biggest difference I can see is just how well you can get at driving. A good driver makes a world of difference!!

waltnono

Reaction score
True, I've been think'n about getting into autocross for a while now. I know a couple people @ work who are but I would like to take one of those driver coarse school 1st. Good chat'n wit you man but gotta bail.

M

musclemustang94

Thats how most morons are. Ask any doosh with a honda and he will tell you its a 13 second car...or that his friends k20 hatch will run an 11 with a stock k20 in it. They think that since they saw a 600 horsepower version of their car in a magazine that it rubs off on their ride somehow and now its fast. My favorite though, is the dick head highschool fanboy honda lover that says the 800whp honda he saw in superstreet is the guys daily driver and still gets 40 mpg and will last 200,000 miles still, cuz japanese people are better at engineering and muscle cars are too heavy (even though their beloved supra weighs as much as an sn95 does). Ugh it makes me sick sometimes, especially at school. I have a kid in my class that is anti-america, and he is from new jersey. He was goin off about how the new Tundra kicks the shit out of all the american trucks and how the tundra is the only truck built in america (have fun dealing with our shit ass unions toyota). Its ridicoulous how Americans are anti-america....i just dont understand. I also hate how everyone is like WE SHOULDN'T BE IN IRAQ THE WORLD HATES US NOW, when their are lots of other countries that gave us a hand when we first went to war, in fact i think the queens army is still their. Jesus you got me going, i hate the people in this country so much sometimes. What ever happend to being proud of America? What ever happend to your dad having a Ford, and you have a Ford, and your kids have Fords? or being happy with your car even though its not the ULTIMATE SUPER CAR? Why can't it be cool cuz I like it? UGH! Sorry, i needed to vent, its been a long day and i am tired of people telling me Ford is going to go broke when they dont even read the news and see that ford is turning it around and when the dust settles they will probably be the only american car company left cuz the other wont change. ok ill stop now.l

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
I get tired of everyone spouting dyno numbers. Track numbers are what I pay attention to.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Eric_94cobra said:
I get tired of everyone spouting dyno numbers. Track numbers are what I pay attention to.

+1 Many people love to talk endlessly about I have [such and such] combination, so how much power do you think my car makes, and what does it run at the track?

If you want to find out how much power it makes, dyno it.

If you want to find out what it runs, run it.

Paul.

waltnono

Reaction score
musclemustang94 said:
Thats how most morons are. Ask any doosh with a honda and he will tell you its a 13 second car...or that his friends k20 hatch will run an 11 with a stock k20 in it. They think that since they saw a 600 horsepower version of their car in a magazine that it rubs off on their ride somehow and now its fast. My favorite though, is the dick head highschool fanboy honda lover that says the 800whp honda he saw in superstreet is the guys daily driver and still gets 40 mpg and will last 200,000 miles still, cuz japanese people are better at engineering and muscle cars are too heavy (even though their beloved supra weighs as much as an sn95 does). Ugh it makes me sick sometimes, especially at school. I have a kid in my class that is anti-america, and he is from new jersey. He was goin off about how the new Tundra kicks the shit out of all the american trucks and how the tundra is the only truck built in america (have fun dealing with our shit ass unions toyota). Its ridicoulous how Americans are anti-america....i just dont understand. I also hate how everyone is like WE SHOULDN'T BE IN IRAQ THE WORLD HATES US NOW, when their are lots of other countries that gave us a hand when we first went to war, in fact i think the queens army is still their. Jesus you got me going, i hate the people in this country so much sometimes. What ever happend to being proud of America? What ever happend to your dad having a Ford, and you have a Ford, and your kids have Fords? or being happy with your car even though its not the ULTIMATE SUPER CAR? Why can't it be cool cuz I like it? UGH! Sorry, i needed to vent, its been a long day and i am tired of people telling me Ford is going to go broke when they dont even read the news and see that ford is turning it around and when the dust settles they will probably be the only american car company left cuz the other wont change. ok ill stop now.l

I just remember reading something about the Fusion and the Edge having a higher quality rating than a couple of import cars. Well my father retired from Ford and that the only cars we've had in our house. I've had problems with some of the ford cars I've bought but nothing major, so I believe in brand loyalty. Plus my 04 F-150 is the best vehicle that I every had. Build quality is excellent, not a single problem with it since I bought it new in 04. And for two years I put 120 miles per day five days a week. I will always buy a Ford truck.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..i get the same stuff all the time...like one of the kids on the baseball team asks me what my car runs at the track...I say it ran a 14.5 but should be able to get closer to 13s soon....then a couple days later he asks the stupid kid driving his older brothers cobalt ss what it runs...

you know what he says...like low 13s ...I set him straight when he tryed to race my mid 14 second car when I pulled like 3 cars on him by 70

nobody is realistic about track times anymore...

M

musclemustang94

haha dude you're an F'in pimp! Everytime a doosh gets set straight...and angel gets its wings!

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
musclemustang94 said:
haha dude you're an F'in pimp! Everytime a doosh gets set straight...and angel gets its wings!

Nice... Lol :rollinglaugh:

moot09

Reaction score
i here ya man i hate rich kids with there 30,000 dolalr cars think they are the shit. this ass hole at my school got a brand new shelby mustang. it was an awsome car besides the fact the kid first said it was a gt500 and then he was proven wrong so he said it was a gt and once again proven wrong. it was funny i made him pop the hood and asked him how many cylinders does it have he said 8 i took him over to the engin bay and counted 6 embarassed the shit outa him. he thought it was a gt cuz it had dual exhaust tips kinda funny. well now the kid has that and an rx8. funy thing is im perfectly happy with my $4500 stang.

Reaction score
I hate those honda kids at school. Alot of them are retarded. I remember one time at school, there was this one who was just annoying the crap out of me and I just flipped on him. I don't even remember what I said about how his precious little honda sucked balls and would never/could never be better than an american muscle car. He looked back at me like I had ruined his life forever. But seriously, I really wish that Fast and the Furious BS never came out.

On a side note LMFAO!! -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jlIpFQmzEQ&feature=related

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
haha...mexicans just dont know any better I think....theyre pretty much destroy everything they get thier hands on with pep boys rice products.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont understand why people waste time and money to make a honda fast.

most of the ones I see are completely gutted, old beat, ugliest looking cars ever. They swap and engine and tranny and spend like 5k doing it. Throw 10 inch wide slicks on the front. OMG a 13.7.

Right...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
there's so much bull shit on that end. it's mostly marketing, and people with penis envy IMO.
big ricer attitude here when I was in high school. they all wanna be movie stars.
funny how it all played out to Parts for sale at Auto Zone... (haha, owned ignorance)

this whole down playing America pisses me off. America was made a great nation by it's people and Military.
times are different now, there's still good ppl here, but there's so many loud dumb asses!
politics and media have so much corruption, that the average amreican doesn't really know what's going on.

Corbic

Reaction score
Whats the difference between a 500, 700 and 1000hp Supra?

The number of times you swipe a credit card.

How are all three the same?

They all run 12's...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online