People who have an auto with a stall..... come in

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
well i had a shop change my tranny fluid....
I don't know how to change any fluid in my car cept oil.
I know how to ADD oil *and change it*, add coolants, and add tranny fluid but not drain...

i'm a newb...

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
well i had a shop change my tranny fluid....
I don't know how to change any fluid in my car cept oil.
I know how to ADD oil *and change it*, add coolants, and add tranny fluid but not drain...

i'm a newb...

you pull the transmission fluid pan, pull the filter and put a new one in. Put the pan back on and then fill it back up.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
so just like changing the oil but this is tranny fluid.... ok
well what about the rest of the fluids?!?

If you don't own a Chilton's or Haynes manual then it will be the best 30 bucks you ever spent.

voidfinger

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I would use something like this, http://store.summitracing.com/partd...792788+4294782796+4294782770+115&autoview=sku

Or even better, but most people opt to go a cheaper route with the B&M and other copper tube and fin coolers. They work fine, adequetly at least, but it's the type of thing you can't have too much of. I really can't emphasize it enough, change your fluid and keep it cool and the thing will last for damn near ever.

Wow, i wouldn't mind having one or two of those... one for trans and the other for the oil. That would so drop some engine temps.

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
damn, that's pretty sick.
idk why you would wanna cool your OIL that much because you need it warm and waterlike haha

or is it just like an extra storage tank?

voidfinger

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
damn, that's pretty sick.
idk why you would wanna cool your OIL that much because you need it warm and waterlike haha

or is it just like an extra storage tank?

Dude i'm not sure but i think that it would help ... or maybe i'm wrong... anyone's .02?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
well the reason i say that is because that's why you have to let you car "warm up" because the oil is like syrup and you have to let it warm up and circulate until it's kinda like the thickness of water in a sense haha...
or i could be wrong?!

voidfinger

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
well the reason i say that is because that's why you have to let you car "warm up" because the oil is like syrup and you have to let it warm up and circulate until it's kinda like the thickness of water in a sense haha...
or i could be wrong?!

then why do we have factory oil coolers?

OP
OP
B

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I have 98 cobras sitting on 245s right now, ran over some nails or something and got a flat. My 95 Cobra Rs are sitting in the garage. My uncle from NY has a 98 cobra that he bought from my uncle that lives here near me and he left the rims and tires at my house when he went back to NY so I put them on my car until I get new tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online