people with lowered stangs

bigjohnson4.6gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,322
Reaction score
0
can you guys get a jack underneath your car if you want to work on it? I was thinking about getting a lowering kit but if i wanted to do something underneath the car my jack wouldnt fit if it was any lower.
 
S

scarface

Guest
I can get my low pro craftsman jack under there...Most people drive up on a 2x4 then jack it up.
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
yup, just get some 2X4...it is worth it to lower your car...i love mine bein low.
 

NotQuik

Active Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
595
Reaction score
0
i have the craftsman low profile too and works great...and if worst comes to worst i would use wood before i had this jack.
 

mustangluver9881

New Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
I haven't had a problem getting my jack under the stang. But I rarely use a jack unless I have a flat! :D If we need under my car for anything else we put it up on the lift! :D
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
ive got the eibach pro kit and dont have any trouble getting a jack under it
 

GDawg

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2006
Messages
1,780
Reaction score
1
I need to use 2X4s to get onto my Rhino ramps.

My 3 ton jack (for working on the car) won't fit under unless I life it a little first by jacking it up a little with my smaller jack (for flats.) My larger jack gets it up much higher.
 

95-stang

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
2,446
Reaction score
0
I use one of those little jacks to lift at the side, then i can get my bigger jack in at the front and under the cross-member.
The little jacks ok for oriental stuff and euro-boxes, but i'm not lifting the Stang with anything puny.
Lowering it certainly did'nt help as far as lifting it goes, if you catch my drift. ;)
 

Gtnut1996

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
i cant get my jack under my car. someone usually grabs the fender and lifts a little while someone else slides the jack under it. i have h and r springs. they are suppose to be a 2 inch drop.
 

monkeydude3

Active Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
911
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois, USA
19mustang95 said:
yup, just get some 2X4...it is worth it to lower your car...i love mine bein low.


yup! I do the same!


Mine BARELY clears lifts and the dealer where i am working right now. Sometimes they let me use the lift to do oil changes and stuff and I've had them work on my car before
 

Gtnut1996

Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
its really not that hard. do it yourself if you have a spring compressor. make sure you order caster camber plates. also drive on the new springs 20-30 miles for them to seat. :drunk:
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Gtnut1996 said:
its really not that hard. do it yourself if you have a spring compressor. make sure you order caster camber plates. also drive on the new springs 20-30 miles for them to seat. :drunk:

spring compressor ??? you dont need no stinkin spring compressor.

here's how you do it... we've lowered both of our cars with a similar method. mine was done at a shop on a lift (no spring compressor) and we did my daughters in the driveway. she helped so how hard can it be ;D

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/steedaspring1.htm
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
2
ALITL8 said:
Gtnut1996 said:
its really not that hard. do it yourself if you have a spring compressor. make sure you order caster camber plates. also drive on the new springs 20-30 miles for them to seat. :drunk:

spring compressor ??? you dont need no stinkin spring compressor.

here's how you do it... we've lowered both of our cars with a similar method. mine was done at a shop on a lift (no spring compressor) and we did my daughters in the driveway. she helped so how hard can it be ;D

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/steedaspring1.htm

idid mine basically the sam way, and it took 3 and 15 minutes but we were taking our time...and some of the bolts were a PITA because they are so old...so pick up some PB blaster and a nice breaker bar...and i took my strut off from the steering knuckle instead f from the top, its a less PITA and i used the remove th eshock and quadshock method for the rear...
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
:dunno: i have so much room
2ur3.jpg
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,879
Messages
1,452,518
Members
13,568
Latest member
gunnybuck

Members online

Top