Pepboys

Tattoogod

Reaction score
Well let me start off saying I love autozone and advance auto. last night i went to buy an IAC for my 95gt. and they sold me one for a vg :rant: i was alittle pissed when i got home and put it on and my cxar went up to 4,000. i took it back and they acted like i was the dumb ass who put it in wrong..well after educating the 18yo kid behind the desk , he refunded my money. This morning i went to pepboys and they had the Borg Warner ,IAC for 59.95 actually cheaper than the wells one from A/Z. And they cary the Luk clutches also. I am very impressed with pepboys. they have freaking everything in there,like a walmart just for cars lol. So a big thumbs up for pep boys :thumb: :thumb:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
We just order all our stuff, its usually overnight. But yes, there are a lot of retards that work at these places, it just depends on who you get as the sales person, if you go to advance, have the guy with the white and black shirt get the part for you. Thats the manager and they tend to know the place and the part you need 1000X better than the guys with the red and black shirts. I had that same thing happen to me a few times today. Someone else orders a part for a car and doesn't ask for all the info or doesn't confirm its the right one for the vehicle, and a few mins or hours later that customers comes in pretty pissed off with the part we sold them that isn't the right one and then we have to exchange it and make them wait another day for the right one.

blackfang

Reaction score
I buy from Pep Boys myself or my Local Napa I deal with at my work. Too many autozone idiots and we have like 1 or 2 Advanced in our area.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya they're pretty good, I get alot of stuff there.

Nater

Reaction score
We have a place called ATU in Germany....But good luck trying to find Mustang parts there! It's either Audi, or VW or BMW there! :hammer:

Slow98GT

Reaction score
yeah i have never been to pepboys. my old roomate with there a few times. well three times the first time his fuel pump went out so he bought another one and they installed it. about 2 weeks later his fuel pump went out so he went back and they put another one on (under warranty) a month later his fuel pump went out. went back for the third time they replaced it again. he says that he will never go there again.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol, thats funny.

I should clarify, I dont go there for parts or work. I dont let anyone work on my car - if I can't do it it's Ford or Modular Madness.

They're good for cleaning stuff, some tools and stuff like that, batteries, oil ect. they have a good stock.

Slow98GT

Reaction score
ah well I'm sure my roomate would have done it himself if he would have been at home and not college it's an 8 hour drive from college back to were he lived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online