Performance Improved Packages.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Theres a lot of good info on this site about the Infamous PI Swap. For a not so knowledgeable gear head such as meself i was wondering how many complete PI kits were out there too buy and if one was better than the other. Here are the two that i know of Steen Racing and Parkway Performance via eBay.
My questions are if i buy one of these kits. Is it going to come with everything i need for the swap? Which kit is better and why?
Also if you know of any other kits post'em up.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those are the only 2 complete kits i know of but www.powerheads.com has a kit but i'm not sure if it includes every nut and bolt. Dalamar bought his heads there maybe he will know for sure.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Are there any reviews out there on Steen Racing's products? A full PI swap kit including Stage II heads for less than $1700 sounds pretty darn good to me...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
Those are the only 2 complete kits i know of but www.powerheads.com has a kit but i'm not sure if it includes every nut and bolt. Dalamar bought his heads there maybe he will know for sure.
Those kits are complete, my cousin just did a similar one off ebay, had all the bolts and gaskets.

Powerheads comes with everything also, and they have options for porting and cams.
I like mine ;D

There's more info in the thread "PI headswap and you"
Good luck, let us know what direction you plan on going.

Rantheman

Reaction score
O believe SHM sells a kit and there is another but can't think of it

whty98

Reaction score
Well powerhead.com doesn't work. I guess their domain name expired 11/23

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol, that sucks for powerheads. I wonder if they even know :rollinglaugh:

VT does great work too.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
if you call up ford racing they can give you a parts list
and all the parts nnumbers as well.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Are there any reviews out there on Steen Racing's products? A full PI swap kit including Stage II heads for less than $1700 sounds pretty darn good to me...

Steen is one of the best in the modular business. They have a great reputation!

Daywalker

Reaction score
I was looking at the site for Steen Racing again, and I'm not convinced that the $1649 thing is for everything. The more I look at it, the more it looks like you don't get everything for that price. I mean look at it, the kit alone is $1349 right? So you get a stage II port for only $300? Something ain't right, I think I'll give em a call in the morning. I was about to pay $1200 to have a local place (highly recommended) do my head work. What makes Steen's products so good? I'm not trying to slam Steen in any way, I just wanna clarify things before I spend my money that's all....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With these heads its not about port size and flow numbers its about trial and error and knowing what works...velocity is the key...Steen/Fox-Lake/VT/MPH etc have all done work on their own heads to see what really works. Unless the company really knows modular heads they can actually do more damage then good if they port them like a 5.0 or Chevy head.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well, I made the call. That $1649 is NOT for the complete package, that's just for the heads. I thought it seemed to good to be true to get a full PI swap, including stage II heads for $1649...

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Well, I made the call. That $1649 is NOT for the complete package, that's just for the heads. I thought it seemed to good to be true to get a full PI swap, including stage II heads for $1649...

Good to know, glad you made the call.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Dalamar, which did you go with. Im guessing the stage 2 kit. 110 horses man thats sweet, however the price is steep.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, I got the stage2, and the hot street cams.

porting, valve job, new vlaves and springs, assembled. Not too bad if you compare.

I LOVE my cam lope.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online