Phase 1 of the Tweetie build is done!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So how much lower is it and how’s the ride quality???

Don’t hate me cause I’m beautiful, hate me cause I’m evil!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Understand about life getting in the way! Please update this thread when you are able to get back at it.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks like it's pretty close to being ready to roll! Its tough to get a big project completed without higher prioritys getting in the way. I hope you get to enjoy it this summer!!

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Just gotta bleed the brakes, replace a brittle cracked vacuum hose, and get it aligned. No excuses, I should have had it done a month ago.

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Well, hell, two months later. Life still getting in the way, but made myself take time. Fuel pump wasn't working, had voltage at the rear plug, so dropped the tank and installed a new one. Fun job on jackstands... Pump works perfectly - I forgot to put in the fuel filter so when I cranked it I made a nice puddle under the rear! OK, got that fixed. Decided to put it on the wheels, the rears rubbed the e-brake lines because I hadn't bolted the brackets to the contol arms. One bracket was upside down so had to take the e-brake cable off the caliper, flip it, put it back. Got it down on all four, looks fantastic! Murphy's Law then kicked in - it will crank and run, but only with lots of throttle. Dies at low RPM. I could hear a vacuum leak up front. I had already replaced two old cracked-looking vacuum lines (one off the rear of the plenum base and the one off the front), checked the two that go to the cold air intake, but have no idea where to look next. Process of elimination, I guess...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online