pi cam install help

mark8796

Reaction score
knee deep in a pi cam swap. question is: all install how to's i see are different, but one i am mainly going w/ says when installing new cam, to set it in so notch is at approximately 4:30 on passenger side (first side i'm doing). when i set my new cam in this position, the 3rd cam lobe back is bottomed out on the cam follower roller. the cam is sitting up off the head quite a bit when notch is at 4:30 position (when viewed for m the front of engine) when i push in on cam to try and seat it, it rolls counterclocwise to notch at about 3:00. if i install the cam cluster caps w/ their bolts, will the spring(s) compress and keep cam in position i need? thanks.

LI98GT

Reaction score
Well, did you figure it out? It's been a while since I did my PI cam swap, so it's hard to remember, but from what I do, it should help by tightening them down to keep them in place where you want. Helps to have someone there to help keep it where you want while you tighten the caps down.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you are installing cams without the followers bled, it will try to "snap" the cam around from the pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.