Pi cam install in progress... Need some guidance

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I'm outside for work and everything else, kinda feels like a heat wave after your body adjusts to winter. It's almost 40 today and I got a few things put back together

and I did my taxes with turbo-tax and didn't realize I chose to get my state refund back in amazon cards lol... So I figured i might as well spend it immediately

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! But really 30 degrees? With the door open? You crazy man lol if it's 30 degrees down here we don't get out of our houses

30* here after the past few weeks we've had feels Tropical...lol Its 40* here today and I went outside to putz around because its "nice" out...

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
30* here after the past few weeks we've had feels Tropical...lol Its 40* here today and I went outside to putz around because its "nice" out...

I agree with this completely. It actually doesn't hurt that bad to grip your ratchet without gloves lol

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Just gotta wait on the bbk tb/plenum to arrive and it'll be just about buttoned up. I'm nervous about it, but confident it's all good at the same time (only confident because of the great help and advice I received here)

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Heck,...slap the stock stuff on and start it up!!! Stop teasing yourself man

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Lol it probably will be this week! I had a long work day today, so hopefully I'll have a package delivered to me tomorrow and finish it all up. I will even post a crappy cell phone video if it runs right

Edit: ohio roads have more salt on them than ever, so I can't get it running immediately because I'll be too tempted to drive it. I'd hate to have a rusty car and truck lol

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation lwarrior1016 and 96blak54. Not running yet but injector o rings changed and fuel rail re-installed, belt reinstalled and I might get the spark plug wires/coil packs in tonight

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Im sure you know and all, but this week is almost over and you said this should be running this week. I think you should hop to it lol
Lol I know! The only thing left to do is put on the coil pack Brackets and change the oil/ fill the radiator. I just got home from work and it's 8 outside. I might get to it tho. I also broke a vaccum line, brittle plastic and frigid temps don't mix! I'll update soon, and if Saturday counts as this week I still should have it all fired up

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I need to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and time. Without you guys it would have been a lot easier to give up on it! But I have it running, sounds a lot more aggressive than the NPI stuff did. The bbk tb/plenum kinda whistles too, I like it. It's running smooth considering I broke several of the plastic hard vacuum lines (gonna make a junkyard run soon unless I can find some for sale). It's smoking a little under the driver side valve cover, but there's no oil spewing out that I can see or feel. Gonna clean it up some more and hope that solves it. I let it run for a while and then gave it some gas. Here's a short vid in case anyone wanted to see! [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] I hope this is still within my deadline lol

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I need to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge and time. Without you guys it would have been a lot easier to give up on it! But I have it running, sounds a lot more aggressive than the NPI stuff did. The bbk tb/plenum kinda whistles too, I like it. It's running smooth considering I broke several of the plastic hard vacuum lines (gonna make a junkyard run soon unless I can find some for sale). It's smoking a little under the driver side valve cover, but there's no oil spewing out that I can see or feel. Gonna clean it up some more and hope that solves it. I let it run for a while and then gave it some gas. Here's a short vid in case anyone wanted to see! lwarrior1016 I hope this is still within my deadline lol

I guess ill let you slide since it is still TECHNICALLY the same week lol. On a real note though, the video won't work for me, photo bucket says you moved it.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I guess ill let you slide since it is still TECHNICALLY the same week lol. On a real note though, the video won't work for me, photo bucket says you moved it.

I didn't move it that I know of, but it says the same thing for me on my account... I uploaded another and here is the link

hopefully that one works!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That second one you posted worked for me! Car sounds like it's running great, idled real smooth. I guess you got it right lol. Have you been able to drive it yet?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online