PI cam swap question

Olstangguy

Reaction score
Is it necessary to remove the rocker arms and lash adjusters just to swap PI for NPI cams or can they just be torqued down without removing the followers? and - 2. Is there any advantage in changing NPI valve springs to PI while I'm in there? 91,000 miles. No further mods to this engine are anticipated. Thanks for any advise given.

S

scarface

I cant help you on the first one, but you def. want to swap valve springs. PI engines have a higher redline than non pi. The cams make more power up top. You will need to raise your rev limiter though.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you pm me your email i will send you a step by step write up on swapping pi cams in an npi, its adope so you have to have that to read it.

OP
OP
O

Olstangguy

Reaction score
Thank Bob, Scarface. The info was great. 7 below zero in AnnArbor this morning. Get ready east coast.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No problem 8)

yeah its already cold here...only gonna be like 17 for the high tomorrow. It was just like 3 weeks ago it was 70 here...

oh i got alot of pm's for these instructions but you guys have to include your email address.

ck5.0

Reaction score
DropTop, thanks a ton for emailing me that cam install info. Its gonna help a lot. I also just got my cams in the mail today!!!!!!! Yeah!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online