pi heads or a 4v motor

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
hey im at kinda a bind iv got a 96 gt and was lookin at either doin a pi swap or a brand new 4v motor and i donnt know which direction to go?? which would you guys do

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
for the 4v u need the ecu and wire harnesses i think a couple other stuff, i have a set of 03 pi heads in my garage waitin to get ported lol were pretty cheap to bought them 300 on ebay heads and cams

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Depends on what you wanna do. 2 Valve can only hold around 400hp. 4 Valves can hold alot more.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you have the money and the knowledge to do a 4 valve swap.......

DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Nick

Reaction score
4V all the way!!!! And you don't need the PCM for the swap. I am using my stock computer with an SCT xcalII.

With the right combo 2V can run, but 4V's own!!!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nick said:
4V all the way!!!! And you don't need the PCM for the swap. I am using my stock computer with an SCT xcalII.

With the right combo 2V can run, but 4V's own!!!!

the air flow potential of the 4 valve is what makes it such a deadly engine :naughty:

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
y dont ya cop a 331 5.4 navigator block then put the heads on! the torque would be rediculous u just need alot of shit lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
i8ur-riceburner said:
y dont ya cop a 331 5.4 navigator block then put the heads on! the torque would be rediculous u just need alot of shit lol

those swaps are super cool, but also super expensive and complicated :-\

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
yea i no u need a new timing cover, i think intake adapter plates i duno really no to much about 4v 5.4 swaps, but i do no alot of 2v guys are swaping there 4.6 to a 5.4.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the intake and exhaust is what makes the swap a pain in the ass :mad: there was a guy in MM&FF a while back that did it on his white GT. He did the 5.4 motor topped with a vortech blower and a automatic. He had to do a custom intake and a custom set of headers with very minimal clearance but it worked out. Do any of you guys remember seeing that issue ??? I want to say it was like a year ago :dunno:

i8ur-riceburner

Reaction score
i just stared readin it a couple motnhs ago i woulda liked to seen that issue tho, the only headers that will work for the 4.6 to 5.4 swap are the frpp shorty headers, and reichard racing makes the adapter plates for the intake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online