PI Headswap with Typhoon Intake???

Fender1325

Reaction score
Looking to do a PI headswap with my dad on my 98 GT. Found the heads cheap at JEGS :

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_757857_-1_11253

Now I hear its worth it to port/polish the heads while theyre out. How much does this run usually? I also want to put in some nice cams to get the hot rod sound with that lopey idle. Saw a video of an 02 GT on youtube.com that had VT stage II cams. Anybody have experience with those? If not any other reccomendations?

Then i noticed the typhoon intake which claims to add 35 rwhp at this website:

http://blueovalindustries.bluekeyinc.com/products.php?pid=99012899

Has anybody tried these intakes out yet?

We're hoping to tackle this project ourselves, and Id have our expedition to drive in the mean time. Goin to school now so I'd be coming home on weekends to work on this.

Im wondering, about how much HP do you have to have to make 300 rwhp? Thanks guys

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
call local shops around you to do the P&P, everyone charges differently and it depends on what stage porting you want...and yuo can get those heads alot cheaper used. and if you do plan on getting the P&P heads, i would also get some aftermarket cams.

from what i have heard that intkae isnt that great, a new one from trick flow is coming out soon and is going to be much better.

and you need 300HP to have 300HP.. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
he was how much hp..meaning like crank to have 300 rwhp...

so probably like 350..

Pennywise2

Reaction score
+1 Go with Powerheads thye are good people to deal with.
Skip on the Typhoon intake manifold because I have seen before
and after dyno sheets where people have lost 3 rwhp all because
of the intake design.Also a guy on the Corral lost hp after installing
the Typhoon intake.Stay far away from the Typhoon intake and
just get a normal PI intake.

OP
OP
F

Fender1325

Reaction score
thats very interesting - a website says 35 rwhp gained and you lose power javascript:void(0); I know alot of products claim gain UP TO 15 hp and you get like 1/4th of that but something thats like 700 bucks claiming 35 rwhp, and you lose power? sounds like a lawsuit. well i appreciate the help. That 110 rwhp gain on powerheads sounds pretty nice. Nervous to drop big money with these companies if you dont know how itll turn out though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online