Pi in a 96 question

Wichers123

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a 02 mustang wrecked and I want to swap the motor and wire harness to keep the coil on plug setup? What do I need to do for that to work. I know I have to swap the front covers to keep my vortech but I really want to run the coil on plug setup.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Im not sure if the harness is swappable, but I do know of a guy that makes custom harnesses to plug into the coil plugs to run COP. Very legit and excellent work

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I would definitely just keep coil packs man. The cop set up is just really faulty on pi engines. Don't know how many coils I've seen fail not to mention they are overly expensive.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
The harness is a hassle... too Much changed .... get the cop harness if you really want cops. But keep ur original engine harnesd

The D3V

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Agreed with all above.

The only reason I would swap is too much cash and nowhere to spend it.
It cleans up the bay a bit, but for the most part, very expensive for something you already have that works better.
But if you are deadset.
Over on Corral, the guy that makes them has a kit in the classifieds, I believe the last post was 200 with everything(harness, COPs)

I think it's the same guy as on SVT, probably has plenty of accounts all over to help push them.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
The reason I wanted to go cop was msd sells a 2step box for the 4.6 but it's only for pi cars. Never less I didn't get the car the guy sold it before I could go get it so the swap is out.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
The reason I wanted to go cop was msd sells a 2step box for the 4.6 but it's only for pi cars. Never less I didn't get the car the guy sold it before I could go get it so the swap is out.

Look at a N2MB. It has a 2 step and a wot box built in one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online